Scott Lear
Scott Lear
10/29/08 12:31 p.m.
feature_image

The punt at HyperFest might have ended our race, but we were still enjoying a pretty positive season in our Spec E30. The car has been running well, and thanks to the recent addition of a radiator fan, it seemed more ready than ever to take on the daunting schedule at the 2008 NASA Championships in Mid-Ohio. Last year we …

Read the rest of the story

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
11/12/08 3:58 a.m.

Sorry to see the project come to a close, Scott. All the features and the project blog were and will continue to be a help to me as I get healthy and finish my car finally.

I am curious how those E3 sparkplugs ever checked out (circa Mar 07). The M20 junkies out in the ether swear nothing runs better than the stock spec Bosch W8LCR. Did the E3's really make much of a difference? Good enough not to notice? Fire and forget? :)

Scott Lear
Scott Lear
11/12/08 9:02 a.m.

Actually, the E3s were a victim of the insanely rich running conditions we suffered early on, the plugs got fouled badly over a couple of months. They did seem quite resistant to fouling, however, with the increased surface area for potential spark. It's got some Bosch plugs in it now, I believe, we threw them in at the track after the fuel issue was resolved.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V2xhinyVC8BplVbAhQO0rLb00MOapICnBly3C8j9Laa2vZQ7aLMYuqx5znxrqKMr