Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
4/4/12 9:21 a.m.

There's no feeling quite like that satisfaction you get when you start an engine for the first time after a long rebuild.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/1984-porsche-911-carrera/start-me/

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
4/4/12 9:23 a.m.

SWEET!

RHCorley
RHCorley New Reader
4/4/12 11:27 a.m.

What? No video with sound?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/4/12 1:27 p.m.

It sounds like a sewing machine. Actually, I shot about a few seconds of footage of the start-up. I'm afraid that if we posted it, someone would then complain that it's only like 2 seconds long.

Once it's all sorted, I'd like to do a real video of the car.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Reader
4/4/12 2:04 p.m.

You know, a whole series of posts about what it takes to sort the car would be cool. That sort of thing is very popular around here.
I understand, editorial content, just sayin'.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/4/12 2:22 p.m.

The reality is that the sorting has been fairly easy. Don't worry, though, because updates about that part of the process have already been written.

Then you'll get the full story in the magazine. Consider these online updates to be teasers. (Yes, we're such a tease.)

And I just reread my previous post. I guess that made it sound like the car needed to be sorted. I was talking more about my life--lots of plates spinning at the moment. The car needed a few small tweaks. Well, maybe just one tweak. It was fairly painless.

If anyone wants to hear and see the car in person, it will be at the Guitar Attic in Holly Hill, Fla., this evening.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AmITzQG5PjKm8Cfnwgo7C64iL6JFaxDj4hi0yZTelX5rtDq8Cwbe05DGFQAY0VqV