1 2
bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
3/17/17 3:15 p.m.
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/17 3:19 p.m.

35 minutes of Binky goodness. I'm gonna have to wait for tonight.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
3/17/17 3:40 p.m.

Awww yes.

Got my evening planned out after the kids go to bed.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/17/17 3:42 p.m.

Awwwwwww sweet.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
3/17/17 3:49 p.m.

Nice. Thanks for posting.

Burrito
Burrito Dork
3/17/17 4:14 p.m.

I paid a dollar to watch it a day early and it was totally worth it.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/17/17 4:17 p.m.

Yay.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
3/17/17 4:25 p.m.

"Not tonight honey, I haz a Binky!

Keith Tanner
3/17/17 4:42 p.m.

In honor of Binky and Cardboard Aided Design, here's what was just going on in the FM shop.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/17 4:50 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: In honor of Binky and Cardboard Aided Design, here's what was just going on in the FM shop.

That looks like one of those puzzles where you have to figure out how to connect a certain number of dots with only a certain number of lines.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
3/17/17 5:02 p.m.

satisfying.....

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/17 5:56 p.m.

I feel like such a hack after watching these guys work. That's some beautiful work.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/17/17 7:31 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: I feel like such a hack after watching these guys work. That's some beautiful work.

You just have to put the bus on a rotisserie in your garage

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/17 7:38 p.m.

"PT"? "OPTO"? I admit to being dense. Can someone enlighten me?

loosecannon
loosecannon HalfDork
3/17/17 8:56 p.m.
wheelsmithy wrote: "PT"? "OPTO"? I admit to being dense. Can someone enlighten me?

Do you mean PTO? It stands for power take off and in North America, farmers use it to describe the spinning shaft that powers equipment but I have heard Europeans use it to describe the shaft that comes out of the transmission to send power to the wheels or differential. I am inspired by these guys. Their work makes me want to tear up some of my work and re-do it better.

Keith Tanner
3/17/17 11:51 p.m.

Power take-off is also used by Land Roger guys in the UK.

In this case, I suspect it stands for Please Turn Over.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
3/18/17 7:13 a.m.

Good Stuff Again

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/18/17 7:42 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: I feel like such a hack after watching these guys work. That's some beautiful work.

Maybe, but it helps to remember they are professionals - they do this stuff for a living. Plus, they occasionally allude to how each bit represents hours and hours of work condensed into 30-odd minute segments.

It's definitely inspiring and great to watch.

EastCoastMojo
3/18/17 8:42 a.m.

Anyone else notice how long Nik's hair got by the end of the episode?

wheelsmithy
3/18/17 10:19 a.m.
loosecannon wrote:
wheelsmithy wrote: "PT"? "OPTO"? I admit to being dense. Can someone enlighten me?
Do you mean PTO? It stands for power take off and in North America, farmers use it to describe the spinning shaft that powers equipment but I have heard Europeans use it to describe the shaft that comes out of the transmission to send power to the wheels or differential. I am inspired by these guys. Their work makes me want to tear up some of my work and re-do it better.

Well, that makes sense. Good call.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/18/17 2:56 p.m.

"A tidy little bush. Made in Brazil."

This is the best stuff ever. I wish they could do more, but I fear it would be at a sacrifice of quality. 3 month wait is it, I guess.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/18/17 8:21 p.m.

Took me a trip to the comments to get Please Turn Over.

I think, with the mess of hoses at the pedal box area, I would have come off with one line for the front, one for the rear, then tee'd them farther downstream.

wheelsmithy
3/18/17 9:33 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: I think, with the mess of hoses at the pedal box area, I would have come off with one line for the front, one for the rear, then tee'd them farther downstream.

Yeah, but soft lines front to back, its like PEX for your brake lines. I like that.

EastCoastMojo
3/19/17 6:28 a.m.

I just noticed a forum registration for Bad Obsession Motorsport. Hopefully they will post in this thread!

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
3/19/17 7:15 a.m.

The half hour video format will do that. It makes it look like they pulled all of the design solutions and executions off in the half hour.

Sometimes the elegant result showcased in the video is trial #2 (or more).

I would love to see the scrap pile of design ideas and fab attempts that did not quite work out. I bet they could easily make a video on that theme. Would also like to know how many billable hours have gone into this thing?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SjBuHP0bh9wssYJoJdNxAMxooFMfdnnplfKpGWuOvE7NHjGAm3TFDbuhhNALd4yo