1 2
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/19/17 7:38 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

Richard sort of says this in the video, "Nick said 20 min - he meant to say 4 HOURS..."

Each "tea-break" in the episode likely represents a day (or a week) of head scratching.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
3/19/17 8:44 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I just noticed a forum registration for Bad Obsession Motorsport. Hopefully they will post in this thread!

YouTube analytics shows where video views come from and I'm guessing there is a bump showing traffic from this url.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/17 5:55 p.m.

In reply to minivan_racer:

White true, given that they were just given a plaque for having over 100,000 subscribers on YouTube, I'd imagine that hotlinks from our little corner are way down the list on the analytics.

BadObsessionMspt
BadObsessionMspt
3/19/17 6:00 p.m.

Registered mainly to say thanks for watching and for the support. Ian is mainly right about the tea breaks; there's an awful lot of thinking needed for some of the project. We spent almost a whole day working out the fuel tank straps before even breaking out any tools for example. That's why the videos are infrequent, we only get two days a week at it right now.

Thanks everyone.

loosecannon
loosecannon HalfDork
3/19/17 6:28 p.m.

In reply to BadObsessionMspt:

We are honored to have you with us, welcome!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/19/17 6:32 p.m.

I've got several months now into sciencing out the shifter I want to build for my 67 Camaro. Actual fabrication will take a day or so...

I'm actually quite impressed with the pace of Binky.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
3/19/17 6:34 p.m.

Thank you much for visiting. I heard about your amazing work from these guys right here and I'm a huge fan. Here's myself with my rallycross MR2.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/17 8:19 p.m.

I, for one, want to hear a remix of "Bring the Noise", made entirely with Red Dwarf and Airplane! quotes.

You guys didn't have to let us say "Make the noise!" this time. We do it regardless. (And anyone who says they don't is a liar)

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/17 8:27 p.m.

Love this series. Gives me the motivation to keep going on my projects. And, to know that what the hell, if it doesn't exist make it. Keep on what you're doing.

How bout a Roadkill/Project Binky crossover with the guys from Mighty Car Mods thrown in for good measure?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/19/17 8:27 p.m.

Thank you for sharing project Binky (and your moderate insanity) with the world! I am so pleased that you blokes decided to pop in to our corner of the internet. You have inspired many with your fab skills and creative solutions. I raise my BOM mug to you gents. Cheers!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/17 10:00 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: In reply to BadObsessionMspt: Love this series. Gives me the motivation to keep going on my projects. And, to know that what the hell, if it doesn't exist make it. Keep on what you're doing. How bout a Roadkill/Project Binky crossover with the guys from Mighty Car Mods thrown in for good measure?

The Roadkill hacks have nothing in common with the Bad Obsession boys. That would just be embarrassing. The MCM show-up of Roadkill was bad enough.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/19/17 10:46 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
vwcorvette wrote: In reply to BadObsessionMspt: Love this series. Gives me the motivation to keep going on my projects. And, to know that what the hell, if it doesn't exist make it. Keep on what you're doing. How bout a Roadkill/Project Binky crossover with the guys from Mighty Car Mods thrown in for good measure?
The Roadkill hacks have nothing in common with the Bad Obsession boys. That would just be embarrassing. The MCM show-up of Roadkill was bad enough.

Oh, yes. Other than having a web show, Roadkill and Bad Obsession have almost nothing in common.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
3/20/17 11:35 a.m.

Sweet, Welcome aboard BadObsessionMSPT!

It brightened my day when I got the youtube notification, I haven't watched yet as I like to be sure I have to time to sit down and enjoy the entire episode in one sitting, I really enjoy watching these and want to be able to savor the whole show.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/20/17 6:24 p.m.

I learned quit a lot from Binky's front braces, and engine mounts. I fear I'll use card stock for templates more now, rather than the hack and gouge sheet metal method I've used prior.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
3/21/17 6:21 a.m.

This thread has made my day.

freetors
freetors New Reader
3/22/17 1:54 p.m.

I'm also wondering why the decision was made to run individual lines from the Mac's to each caliper. I can't think of a single advantage of doing it that way. More complexity, more lines and fittings means more cost and points of failure, more weight, more fluid needed to fill, probably harder to bleed. It just doesn't seem the right way to do it.

I'm also not a fan of their steering arms welded straight to the strut bodies. I can think of a much better way to do that would've been both simpler and better for future service.

Everything else is very impressive though!

evildky
evildky SuperDork
3/22/17 3:33 p.m.

Also, I really love their fixture table/jig/contraption. I'd love to see an episode dedicated just to it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uBoQI7RjEfModn9wESBL80cxNyBY1JyoFuhYnq50QOo1e6VVeI18JLTHzOGCYmnJ