Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/9/19 1:06 p.m.
feature_image

With our BMW’s body now dent free, we buffed the paint and waxed the car. We then set out to repaint the black trim at the bottom of the car, repaint the car’s side moldings with satin black trim paint, paint the mirrors and spoilers and do some more detail work to make our 318is perfect again.

Here are …

Read the rest of the story

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/9/19 3:40 p.m.

Great looking car.  I have an alpinweiss 325iX; I never used to think much of white cars, but it works well on an e30.  The wheels look good as well, although I figured you would have gone with 15" instead.

sfisher71
sfisher71 New Reader
9/8/19 8:30 p.m.

Total agreement on E-code Hellas. They're the first thing I do on any car that takes them. 

When the E30 gets here, I'll be taking a look at the lights, as I live on the Oregon Coast and regularly drive through places where there are NO light sources other than what's on the car. The H4 low-beams are barely adequate. I'm thinking of upgrading the wattage and relaying the lights for better performance. Any tips or superior experience? Short of going full-on WRC six-pack of Cibié dinner-plate sized lights, that is...

sfisher71
sfisher71 New Reader
9/8/19 8:32 p.m.

...Oh, and mine apparently is missing its kidneys (not sure if it woke up in a hotel bathroom that way or not). 

I am positive that the Car Gods would send me punishment if I put an Alfa shield in the bare spot in the middle of the grille. But damn, it's tempting...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bCJOOwNkxjB499iUAU9OcbKG9GoV8dy8vDWjs6mGj5F8yVsk7SPvAgzb4Y3ot5zc