Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/29/19 8:39 a.m.
feature_image

As one of our finishing touches on the interior of our BMW 318is, we wanted to get just the right floor mats to complement our recovered seats and thoroughly-cleaned carpet.

The interior of the cabin was pretty much complete, aside from floor mats. Coco Mats now carries Furstil mats from Germany and this new style (Nylon 6.6 medium grey …

Read the rest of the story

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
7/29/19 6:39 p.m.

Indeed. those are floor mats. they look nice. 

free bump because I feel bad nobody has posted in this thread, since the car is very pretty. 

also to tell you your cigarette lighter is missing the element ;)

sfisher71
sfisher71 New Reader
9/8/19 8:45 p.m.

Those look like the same basic weave as the sisal mats I bought for my '83 GTI when it was new. Loved them, and they lasted better than the contemporary coco mats I bought for my wife's car.

If I ever get my E24 working again (don't ask...), I intend to get mats just like those -- it's Polaris with black leather and grey carpets, so that looks like an ideal color.

I will definitely go back and re-read your section on cleaning the carpets (etc.) when I bring my E30 home later this month. A clean looking and stink-free interior is one of the biggest parts of enjoying a car, I've always found. Especially as one of this car's duties will be getting me back and forth to Portland on regular occasions, a two-hour trip each way. A clean interior is a sanity-saver.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
9/8/19 8:50 p.m.

Uhh, well this is awkward, but I think you meant to post this in Classic Motorsports.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/19 9:21 p.m.

Coco Mats awesome! They are worth every penny. 

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
9/9/19 9:17 a.m.

I have Coco Mats in my W126 and love them. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
9/9/19 10:21 a.m.

also to tell you your cigarette lighter is missing the element ;)

I give it about 95% that there was a phone charger in it that was pulled out right before the photos. 

I like these mats because they help the old carpet match the new seats better than if they weren't there.  

Jordan Rimpela
9/9/19 10:52 a.m.

In reply to Vigo :

That, and Coco Mats seem to carry an air of prestige when others see them installed in a car. Like, if I am cruising around on BaT and see a car with Coco Mats, I immediately assume the owner really cares about the car. If I see Yosemite Sam telling me to back off, I run. 

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
9/9/19 3:53 p.m.
Jordan Rimpela said:

In reply to Vigo :

That, and Coco Mats seem to carry an air of prestige when others see them installed in a car. Like, if I am cruising around on BaT and see a car with Coco Mats, I immediately assume the owner really cares about the car. If I see Yosemite Sam telling me to back off, I run. 

A post shared by Thomas Hundal (@thomas.hundal) on

What does pizza say?

Jordan Rimpela
9/9/19 3:56 p.m.
G_Body_Man said:
Jordan Rimpela said:

In reply to Vigo :

What does pizza say?

Depends on how hungry I am/is this owned by Matt Farrah?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
9/9/19 4:06 p.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

Not Matt Farah, just the humble GRM-er making this post laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
URCLKDdxQu9oHml5feAuzmcsBocKREywMkwvUIMwiCvoo34BJxMkQ3DyTQrl3RRX