Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/26/20 8:46 a.m.
feature_image

We had a dream: Own a truck that could tow a lot while only spending a little. And, after nearly a year of searching, we scooped up this V10 Ford F-250 for the dirt-cheap sum of $3300, then spent a week and $1000 fixing all of the little issues that kept our find from being a usable truck.

With those minor problems fixed, there …

Read the rest of the story

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/26/20 9:10 a.m.

The Carhartt seat covers are a good tip, something I definitely want to keep in mind for my truck!

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
2/26/20 12:40 p.m.

I pulled my wrecked cloth bench for those exact seats, it was a giant upgrade and like you guys I wasn't going to spend the 1500+ people want for the King Ranch leather setups. The Carhartt covers look very nice.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/27/20 8:32 a.m.

Comment about the factory jack - test using it to make sure it will actually work. My Dodge came with a similar jack and even at full extension the jack was not big enough to raise the truck (or even reach a jacking point under an axle).  Why would they provide an inadequate jack?  Who knows...

bobloblawslawblog
bobloblawslawblog New Reader
2/27/20 3:24 p.m.

I would be awfully surprised to find out you couldn't have just reupholstered the seats for the $900 and effort you spent on those seat covers, potentially even a good bit less. I'm sure they're durable and they look better than many other seat covers I've seen, but sheesh, you could have nice, durable fake leather interior for less than that.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/27/20 3:54 p.m.

All of the upholstery kits I found started at about $800 before any installation, and that's for leather-trimmed vinyl, which I hate. These weren't nearly as difficult to install as actually reupholstering the seats. 

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
5/20/20 10:51 p.m.

Any residual smells get an ozone generator $99 on amazon, plug it in close up.the truck for an hour the residual smells will be gone. AC and fan on full blast during this time.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HmlzyBn5y84XMWAelvuHpPYLCbXOwBJqrFz7IN5Zzcbl8R2USX6wrLGlzM2QxbVq