Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/12/19 8:40 a.m.
feature_image

story and photos by Tom Suddard

By the end of our last update, we’d completed our mission and added two cylinders to our 350Z. Magic? No, we used just basic tools along with an LOJ swap kit, a true engineering marvel. Then we put the car back onto the trailer and drug it back to our Florida home.

The …

Read the rest of the story

Steve
Steve New Reader
4/12/19 2:13 p.m.

Excellent job, neatly tucked in! A professional exhaust shop couldn't have done better.

Tom Suddard
4/12/19 2:46 p.m.

Thanks! For a first attempt, I'm pretty happy with it.

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
4/12/19 4:12 p.m.

No street driving for it?  I don't see catalytic convertors...

Tom Suddard
4/12/19 4:53 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Nope. We'll cover the cage and such soon.

StuntmanMike
StuntmanMike New Reader
4/15/19 7:19 a.m.

Awesome! I've been building my own exhausts for a while now. Not because I'm any kind of expert, just got sick of shops charging too much and not doing what I want. They usually only want to bolt on a system for you, or make a crappy system with crinkle bends and still charge too much. If you do find a good shop to do what you want, its thousands to get anything done.

I know you already built your exhaust, but don't discount a single pipe for a V8. My LS6 has headers running into a single 3.5" pipe with a giant Magnaflow 12909 straight thru muffler and sounds amazing, also dropped a decent amount of weight. Smooth and quiet idling and cruising, no drone, but screams when it opens up down the straight. And tunnels!! Also when I went from a crappy true dual to the single, I picked up 14 rwhp on the dyno. I also went from Hooker headers to ARH, 400 count cats to 200, but I'm sure most of the gains were the cat back.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kGfUVmf8fFzKi8FcpwjyaJ0AMcFAQgz1NYMnTYC0WNxb5vL3N5folV1yO4CBGO7h