JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
10/2/20 9:47 a.m.
feature_image

Making more power with turbocharged cars is easy, right? Just add boost and the rest works itself out. Right? That’s how it works, isn’t it?

Well, sort of. That’s the spirit of the rule, anyway. The more complex answer is that while simply increasing the boost compresses more air into the engine, that additional air requires additional fuel to ignite, …

Read the rest of the story

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
10/4/20 9:26 p.m.

You gotta love the bloody fingers in fig. 11, pure GRM work. 

spandak
spandak HalfDork
10/4/20 11:50 p.m.

Stack makes some of the best looking gauges. I put a mechanical boost gauge in my MS3 and added a color film to the face to match the vehicle gauges, it was perfect. It's hard to find decent gauges with white needles apparently

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/20 7:03 a.m.

Making more power with turbocharged cars is easy, right? Just add boost and the rest works itself out. Right? That’s how it works, isn’t it?

Yes. Things like pistons and rods and bottom ends work there way out of the block. laugh

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
10/5/20 9:47 a.m.
300zxfreak said:

When you live with five parrots, an MR2 engine compartment is a manicure and a hand massage by comparison.

Tyler H (Forum Supporter)
Tyler H (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/5/20 10:33 a.m.
JG Pasterjak said:
300zxfreak said:

When you live with five parrots, an MR2 engine compartment is a manicure and a hand massage by comparison.

Even if that 3SGTE was sitting on a pallet, it would still find a way to make you bleed.  Looks good!  I'm betting that Gen4 will love a little extra boost.  Looking forward to the next installment in this series.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CcgAX9eUlyT7oVfjTxPsr5MHqnJOIfSVk6Yh6QujpR6L2qTbppFOwKKKiMAsnxY6