JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/1/20 8:16 a.m.
feature_image

If you couldn’t tell from the previous entry, we’re quite smitten with the second-gen, V8-powered Toyota Tundra. A few days after Toyota dropped off a 2020 model for us to review, we had fallen in love, found a used one of our own, and brought it home. Gee, thanks for costing us money, Toyota.

Our Craigslist find was a …

Read the rest of the story

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/1/20 8:31 a.m.

Cool truck but wouldn't it be cooler with two more cylinders?

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/1/20 8:44 a.m.

We had similar one as a work truck. It was sadly miserable to drive. If you hit the gas about 1/4", you took off ok. Hit it another 1/4", it was full throttle, jerking around, despite having a few more inches of pedal travel. Whole thing was very jerky, yet numb. I got tired of the unpredictable throttle so i just said berk it and floored it at about any take off. 
oh and the 4x4 setup. Ours was the TuRD off road package. Put it in 4lo, you were greeted by CONSTANT beeping, scolding you for using 4lo. You also could not turn off the traction control, so in soft sand when it sensed wheel slip, it hammered the anti lock brake system to try to fight the slip. In sugar sand, it sounded like someone hammering on the firewall because of the thing trying to brake its way out of wheel spin, even in 4hi.

I really wanted to like it but after having it a bit, i was very happy when it left. But hey it was pretty fast.  
check into the neat trick they did where it blows air from the fender area into the catalysts to get them up to temp faster. It can blow gravel, sand etc into the cats and kill them. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RC20a5Oiz0tUwy2KzC3fRjyTWtggID2wC1rppgUgDRRLVwJgPpQPkY2SisrbGwoF