Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/15/19 8:02 a.m.
feature_image

We’re working on turning this $2000 van into a do-it-all machine that can tow a car to the track, then serve as a mobile workshop and hotel room for the weekend.

Every tow vehicle needs a front hitch, and fortunately they're super easy to add. Odds are if there's a bolt-on rear hitch available, there's one for the front, too. …

Read the rest of the story

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/15/19 8:47 a.m.

Go van, go!

Very nice.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
7/15/19 9:04 a.m.

You can go old school and use the hitch to mount the spare tire up front too. Bonus points for a cool 70s van tire cover.

wae
wae SuperDork
7/15/19 9:08 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

That car looks exceptionally unhappy about the current state of affairs in which it has found itself...

Donatello
Donatello New Reader
7/15/19 7:11 p.m.

It's nice of GRM to help two older British cars mate. I am sure they appreciated the privacy of your new trailer also. The front trailer hitch was indeed very useful to erect the old triumph. Keep us posted with any developments. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
7/15/19 10:35 p.m.

A front hitch can be handy for maneuvering a trailer into an unusually tricky spot as well.  I've never actually tried searching for a front hitch, so i guess i'll go see if i can find one for an 01 ram. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/16/19 8:08 a.m.

I'm waiting for the van episode, "Installation of transfer case and front diff." 

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
7/17/19 4:50 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4j6VwChTDG5red3sTTVnP62oBNJlYUaSPzOnGznIsu4fo1iU92LE6Y52NCuegERL