JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/26/19 8:19 a.m.
feature_image

In preparation for the 2019 SCCA Solo Nationals, we recently attended a test-and-tune day with our friends at Dixie Region SCCA. Having all-day access to a fantastic autocross course on WWII-era concrete is a great tuneup for both car and driver.

Come for a ride in our 2004 C5 Z06 Corvette, and we shake down the car …

Read the rest of the story

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/19 8:00 a.m.

Such a light touch on the wheel, no white-knuckled death grip!

JG Pasterjak
8/27/19 12:46 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

Such a light touch on the wheel, no white-knuckled death grip!

You're not in traffic, you are traffic.

One of my philosophies has always been that the car will always be better than me at going fast, so the best thing I can do is to let it do all the work. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/27/19 1:04 p.m.

It's a dance, not a wrestling match. 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
8/27/19 2:30 p.m.

So, are you going to make the car legal prior to Nats?  Just curious.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/19 2:32 p.m.
Thinkkker said:

So, are you going to make the car legal prior to Nats?  Just curious.

Isn't he in CAM? What's not legal?

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
8/27/19 2:33 p.m.
CAM RULESET said:

Front splitter, air dam, and/or spoiler may be added below the bumper, but must not extend past the perimeter of the original body excluding non-integral bumpers except OE or equivalent for the body style.

Rear spoiler may be added, but may extend no more than 10” from the original body nor past the perimeter of the body. No rear wings may be added except OE or equivalent.

Rear Wing is illegal.

Depending on how you read it, the canards are illegal on the front.  Thats debateable though I think.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/19 2:40 p.m.

In reply to Thinkkker :

For some reason I thought he had two different aero setups, the wing/canards for time attack, and the clear spoiler for autocross.

JG Pasterjak
8/27/19 3:49 p.m.
Thinkkker said:
CAM RULESET said:

Front splitter, air dam, and/or spoiler may be added below the bumper, but must not extend past the perimeter of the original body excluding non-integral bumpers except OE or equivalent for the body style.

Rear spoiler may be added, but may extend no more than 10” from the original body nor past the perimeter of the body. No rear wings may be added except OE or equivalent.

Rear Wing is illegal.

Depending on how you read it, the canards are illegal on the front.  Thats debateable though I think.

Yeah this photo was from an Optima event. I run the TT aero there.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
8/27/19 4:02 p.m.

I thought that was right, but just wanted to check and see.

JG Pasterjak
8/27/19 5:37 p.m.

Yeah, it only takes about 20 minutes to switch back and forth. Unless one of the fasteners holding the wing on galls, then it takes as long as it takes to get to a cutoff wheel. That's why I don't use stainless steel bolts there anymore.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8AFXUXm9WA1uwH2vvbznb0jOQTyYQa4SviaVNGgxNt2TFrHsIBHqiPp36wO0B8Bu