1 2
pres589
pres589 UberDork
11/3/16 9:07 a.m.

Ugh. I'm really pleased with the magnetic charging setup on my Z3 Compact. I thought it was stupid of Sony to drop that from the Z5's. It's pretty similar in effect to how MagSafe works on Apple laptops.

Seems like there are some decent wireless charging stands for $20 to $25. I'd go that route if this was available. Lots of stories of expensive phones having to be worked on or replaced because of the stupid USB jack.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
11/3/16 9:12 a.m.
t25torx wrote: I bought the C55 AMG with my Amex, not that it was really that much at $3600. I didn't pay any CC fees, so I guess the dealer ate them. I have that Amex Blue Cash rewards card, so I try and use it for everything I can. I'm going to have to find a MasterCard that can match the rewards though, since Costco doesn't take Amex anymore.

Look for visa? Costco takes that.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
11/3/16 9:16 a.m.
pres589 wrote: In reply to codrus: Doesn't the Nexus 5 have wireless charging? I don't know why more phones don't have this and more people don't use it.

You can add it to almost any newer phone that didn't ship with it - it's just a little flat coil you tape to the battery so it touches the contacts. Everything Samsung made since the Galaxy 4 has pins under the rear cover for it and I expect most other mainstream makers do as well. I paid $9 to add it to my S5 so I could use the wireless charger in my new truck.

rslifkin
rslifkin Dork
11/3/16 9:23 a.m.
t25torx wrote:
dculberson wrote: In reply to t25torx: Might want to make that a visa with rewards; I don't think Costco takes master card either.
Doh! You're correct, it was Costco Canada that switched to MC.

Seriously!? I've never seen a place that takes Visa or MC but not both, considering they're often handled by the same processor networks for about the same cost. That would be enough to make me ditch Costco outright.

java230
java230 Dork
11/3/16 11:04 a.m.

In reply to rslifkin:

Costco Just switched to Visa after taking Amex only for decades. Visa was willing to drop a lot of the processing fees for them to be able to be the card in costco.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gJr2Ez16JkicjAQAaizVzVw1syLxzAYvKm40Ymgb4jtt45tDnwhleFr8khlyg4yI