1 2
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/19 12:27 a.m.

Well I finally got the Godspeed Mono SS coilovers on the Mazda 5 today. They took some fiddling. Also, I still need to do more work.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/19 1:30 p.m.

My name is stanger_missle and I approve of this plan. I have been looking at coilovers for my Transit Connect. In Yurp, where the trade van rules the roads, they have quite a few van outfitters. I have found body kits, rear wings and suspension mods for all of the popular models. I'm kinda jealous actually.

Everybody shoud have coilovers on their minvan!cheeky

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
7/28/19 4:05 p.m.

As a person who has coilovers on one of his minivans, i also lend my full support. yesyes​​​​​​​yes​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/28/19 4:27 p.m.

As someone that's done half a dozen suspension swaps on this platform (Albeit never on an mz5) I like what you've got here. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/19 7:01 p.m.

OMG, I have one of these!

My wife would kill me!

Javelin
7/29/19 1:31 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

OMG, I have one of these!

My wife would kill me!

How would she even know? devil

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/29/19 2:45 a.m.
Javelin said:

Well I finally got the Godspeed Mono SS coilovers on the Mazda 5 today. They took some fiddling. Also, I still need to do more work.

Godspeed?  How much were they, are they any good?

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/29/19 7:08 a.m.

This + turbo = My hero.

Snrub
Snrub HalfDork
7/29/19 8:23 a.m.

Very cool!

Don't have a Mazda5, but googled. On an aside, I thought this was a hilarious:

CALIFORNIA WARNING: Product Contains "Nickle" That Know To Cause Cancer and Reproductive Harm

Does every stainless steel product now needs to have a warning label?! I like how nickle is in quotes, does this mean it contains nickle not in the elemental sense, but as a colloquial term? ;)

Javelin
7/29/19 9:30 a.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:
Javelin said:

Godspeed?  How much were they, are they any good?

$630 on Amazon and they ride better than my H&R/KYB combo that I took off. I only have about 25 miles on them so far, but they do handle the rougher sections of road better and the ride is pretty good. If you can wade through the reseller/knockoff hole that is eBay and snag a 20% off coupon you can have them for about $480 shipped. Be warned, you will need shorter front endlinks and to do some custom fab for the brake fluid reservoir. Also expect to take the fronts in and out a couple of times to get the camber dialed unless you want to cut holes in your shock towers.

Javelin
7/29/19 9:30 a.m.
poopshovel again said:

This + turbo = My hero.

That is my winter project on this thing. It needs booooooost.

ebelements
ebelements New Reader
7/29/19 2:04 p.m.

Ever since I've seen my first Mazda5 I've wanted to grab a manual model and lower the everloving snot out of it. It's got to look amazing.

Javelin
7/29/19 9:30 p.m.

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
7/29/19 9:39 p.m.

That thing is so black it deserves tire shine and window tint.  Hell, maybe even a light tailight tint. 

Javelin
7/29/19 10:13 p.m.

In reply to Vigo :

It's normally washed, waxed, and tire shined. I'm going to try tinting myself next.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/30/19 7:06 a.m.
Javelin said:

That is E36 M3-hot!!! 

Javelin
7/30/19 8:27 a.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

Thanks!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/30/19 8:40 a.m.

Is it lower than the H&R setup? Looks about the same as mine as is?

Javelin
7/30/19 8:50 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

It is a half inch lower right now, and that's basically as high as these coilovers get. I can drop it another 3"...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/30/19 8:52 a.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to Vigo :

It's normally washed, waxed, and tire shined. I'm going to try tinting myself next.

Ive done tint myself a few times.

Pay the man. After berkeleying up, trips to the parys storr for more tint, wasting about 3 rolls per car, and two days of your life, its only about $75 more to have the pros do the cheap stuff. Which, pro grade cheap stuff is better than the "best" grade at the parts store in terms of life expectancy. 

My wifes mazda5 i tinted myself. 35 front windows and hatch, 20 all rear glass, 55 windshield. I shoulda paid.

Javelin
7/30/19 8:54 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Good to know! I have always paid to have it done, but there is a surprising lack of tint shops in the Pacific Northwest...

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/30/19 8:57 a.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to chandler :

It is a half inch lower right now, and that's basically as high as these coilovers get. I can drop it another 3"...

Ah, ok; although it scrapes everywhere now so not sure id want to go much lower. And pay for tint - it does make it look better though.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/30/19 8:58 a.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Good to know! I have always paid to have it done, but there is a surprising lack of tint shops in the Pacific Northwest...

Look on Facebook, they seem to advertise in no other way now

Javelin
7/30/19 9:26 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Roll your fenders wink

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/30/19 9:38 a.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to chandler :

Roll your fenders wink