Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
2/11/09 8:16 p.m.
feature_image

Our 1994 R-package Miata is one of the fastest examples of Mazda's little roadster we've ever driven--and we've driven quite a few of them. We've taken this car a step or two beyond stock, however, by adding a Flyin' Miata FMII turbo kit. The car now proudly lays down 238 horsepower to the rear wheels thanks to a Garrett GT2560R …

Read the rest of the story

Dashpot
Dashpot Reader
2/12/09 6:32 a.m.

I'm very interested in this article. I have a '95 FMII equpped car with the Spec Miata Bilstein/Eibach package. It works O.K. on the track, but is pretty ugly on the street - low speed push, lots of spring and minimal damping, combined with too much bottoming.

I'm hoping that the FCM package offers a more streetable compromise.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
2/12/09 8:35 a.m.

We're excited to move forward with this project too. We've heard nothing but good things about the FCM mount kits and bump stops, and FCM's proprietor, Shaikh, understands the Miata's suspension needs as well as anyone we've dealt with. We'll try the out-of-the-box configuration for the Bilsteins first, and work with Shaikh to see what sort of changes we'll need to optimize our setup.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/09 9:57 a.m.

I hope to read a lot about this project! SM2 definitely needs to come back to the street side of things, and seeing as how that's my new class I'm doubly interested. Also you can't go wrong with Miatas and Boost!

Sparetire
Sparetire New Reader
6/28/09 9:50 a.m.

I have been doing my homework on a project exactly like this for months now. I am very excited to track this one as it progresses.

My DIY hodge-podge of parts wont be even similar to an FMII, but the suspension info general knowledge from a project like this is fantastic.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t0FEYwjyOyUpEAjEFQInk8ieGEIfxdRH56NTHL77cZAbj5Rysuy6uGfzkw6EmFHp