digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/28/14 9:38 a.m.

I'm tried of the cheap quality chinese air disconnects from HF, home depot, etc. I've looked but everyone seems to sell the same crap that constantly leaks.

So where can I find quality products? I found some milton brand, but everyone else seems to be brandless chinese crap.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
3/28/14 9:51 a.m.

Aeroquip, Lincoln or Parker are some other high quality brands. May have to go to an industrial supplier like MSC or Graingers?

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/28/14 10:17 a.m.

I have no problem going to MSC or Grainger, just trying to find something of quality.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/28/14 10:18 a.m.

Milton and Parker are good, as well as Prevost. Order online from McMaster or Grainger.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
3/28/14 11:19 a.m.

We carry dynabrade branded couplers(idk what company makes them for them though) they are leaps and bounds nicer than the generic E36 M3.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
3/28/14 12:45 p.m.

the cheap ones work fine and last a long time if you put a short hose on the air tools to get the coupler out away from the tool and eliminate the side loads from the hose.. bonus: the tools are more comfortable to use, too..

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/28/14 2:27 p.m.

I've replaced a bunch of HF connectors with Milton ones from Summit Racing (mainly because we have an SR store 45 minutes away) and those made a massive difference. Suddenly, no air leakage at the couplers at all.

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/28/14 2:47 p.m.

autobodytoolmart.com has the milton ones for rather cheap. I'll give the others that you guys posted a look as well. I'm just sick of trying to use an air tool and having it constantly leak, or having to spin the connector to try to get it to find the place it likes to seal at.

ncjay
ncjay HalfDork
3/29/14 8:59 a.m.

I get all of my air fittings at Lowe's, Home Depot, Northern Tool, or Harbor Freight. None of my stuff leaks. Ever. Sometimes it's just a matter of having worn out parts or fittings that fit together, but aren't designed to work together. There's several different types of fittings and some of them interchange pretty easily, but aren't right for each other. Be sure you've got the right male and female connectors and all the pieces are attached correctly and there should be no leaks.

06HHR
06HHR Reader
3/30/14 9:18 p.m.

Picked up a Milton quick disconnect and some fittings from CarQuest today. Like night and day, even with some of the old HF NPT ends on my tools, no hint of a leak. Should have done this years ago, no more store or off brand fittings for me.

impulsive
impulsive Reader
3/31/14 7:08 a.m.

Prevost high flow.

one handed push button safety release is nice.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/31/14 7:19 a.m.

I just had a fitting on my compressor from Pep Boys fall apart. I disconnected the air hose to hang it up & it just started blowing by full blast! Tried reconnecting and wiggling around, but every time I disconnected the hose it just kept blowing. Is there anything I could do to fix, or just replace with another fine product from this topic?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/31/14 8:00 a.m.
Jerry wrote: I just had a fitting on my compressor from Pep Boys fall apart. I disconnected the air hose to hang it up & it just started blowing by full blast! Tried reconnecting and wiggling around, but every time I disconnected the hose it just kept blowing. Is there anything I could do to fix, or just replace with another fine product from this topic?

Best option is to replace it. Couplers and nipples are consumables, the cheaper they are the faster you will go through them. My favorites are the Prevost push button safety couplers posted above.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/31/14 8:04 a.m.

i got some ingersoll rand branded color coded steel ones from tractor supply a few years ago. leaps and bounds better than the generic/HF brass ones. those leak and/or can't stand being dragged around a garage or jobsite. none leak or are loose as of yet. if you've been using harbor freight fittings for some time with no leaks, then you do not use your air stuff often enough. mine gets used 5 days a week working, bouncing around a trailer, and then i pull the hoses out of the trailer and use them in the garage on the weekends.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/31/14 8:19 a.m.

Amazon has Milton and a few others, as well.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
3/31/14 10:42 a.m.

These are the "Dynabrade" ones we have at work, CEJN out of Sweden made them by the looks of it.

They are high flow 0.40 inch passages. And their female ends only require you to push the coupler in, then to release you have to hit the lock collar. These aren't cheap, but I figure I'd help out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Unuuj1fvwlx8rCDnfh0XNX4T3KSmUdHOhQGkVVlG5qkOz5VYNmdczFMPZ74gsfQa