Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/25/21 8:21 a.m.
feature_image

Maybe you have a question or two about Bergsteiger, BimmerWorld’s 1000-plus-horsepower hillclimb monster primed to tackle this weekend’s Pikes Peak International HillClimb?

Lucky for you, now is your chance to ask.

BimmerWorld will answer your questions about Bergsteiger, Pikes Peak or really anything else in a video dropping tomorrow, June 26.

If your question is chosen, you’ll even get a BimmerWorld …

Read the rest of the story

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
6/25/21 10:40 a.m.

How many Monster cans were consumed by Kevin in the course of the week?

Kevin_at_BW
Kevin_at_BW GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/25/21 1:24 p.m.

I don't know who you are, but you certainly know me well, hahaha.

And I've actually been Monster-free this entire trip.  Now coffee on the other hand...

Kevin_at_BW
6/25/21 1:44 p.m.

But seriously people - give it your best shot.  Theres gotta be some people out there that want to know the dirty details of how this insane machine went from a wild idea to charging up Pikes Peak just a couple hours before I am typing this for our last pratice before race day!

You can submit questions via our facebook page, instagram, email me directly at kevin@bimmerworld.com or hop over to our youtube page and leave a  comment there!

www.facebook.com/bimmerworld

www.instagram.com/bimmerworld

www.youtube.com/bimmerworldvideos

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/21 2:29 p.m.

Power at altitude is one of the top concerns at the Peak, but I would be much more interested in brakes. Are you able to get heat in the brakes at altitude? Does it affect the fluid? How do you make sure you can stop? (I know, brakes are for quitters. But still, 1000 foot drops) 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/25/21 2:50 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

I second this question because I've never considered the brake performance at altitude.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
6/26/21 10:17 a.m.

What speeds are each gear intended to reach? It's fun watching the videos and hearing the shift points but I have no clue what speeds are being reached between turns!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/21 12:01 p.m.

I just wanna know when the SprintX cars are gonna get faster. That was a crazy crash that took out all three!

Kevin_at_BW
6/30/21 10:38 a.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

What speeds are each gear intended to reach? It's fun watching the videos and hearing the shift points but I have no clue what speeds are being reached between turns!

Watch this video from Race Day and the second from the bottom on the far right of the dash is speed in MPH.  We have multiple final gear ratios to choose from and this would be the Pikes setup.  For a track like VIR/Road America we would put a taller gear set in there and its capable of over 200mph and has the horsepower to pull it.  Approx 207mph top of 6th.  Thankfully we only touch low to mid 140's on the mountain.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6PEeEOTGlc

Kevin_at_BW
6/30/21 10:40 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

I just wanna know when the SprintX cars are gonna get faster. That was a crazy crash that took out all three!

Yea, that sucked big time.  Don't think you'll see any of the GT4 classes getting much faster than they already are.  BOP is a real kicker for the BMW on most tracks and always hard to compete with the lighter Caymans that are tremendously easier on tires over long stints or the always big horsepower'd McLarens that are hard to catch in a straight line.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zFi4zeYeJhu5zXLP8eXI50R4fCyDKHGVRFJ0PBodDgnh7ujSxNiHz6BHUl5hZi88