1 2
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/16/20 6:49 a.m.

Another vote for a bold-ass orange.

tr8todd
tr8todd SuperDork
10/16/20 7:43 a.m.

Chalkboard paint and lots of colored chalk.  Let the kids go wild on it.  Park it at the track and charge a buck for every kid that wants to write on it.  Give the money to charity or buy more beer.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
10/16/20 8:13 a.m.

Last page I recommended Nitro Green.  I also like the bold Orange and Purple suggestions.  I guess in general, my advice is do not try to compliment the beige but rather just ignore the beige and add the accent color that you want the car to be. 

Said another way, treat the beige as "invisible" and put in the color that you want.  Make that added color bold and the beige will disappear even more. The more panels you take off the car, the less beige there will actually be anyway.  

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/20 11:52 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

purple flames

I mean, this does have a pretty solid theme to go with it. Purlpe flames, puuuuurple flames. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/16/20 12:10 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

probably the same beige 

Hey, I know that car. Just saw it last weekend. 

Root Beer Brown.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
10/16/20 5:19 p.m.

Some sort of wide '70s style stripe in three separate shades of brown?

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/20 7:22 a.m.
maschinenbau (I live here) said:
eastsideTim said:

Can we all just bring down whatever half empty cans of paint we have and graffiti it at the track?

Honestly, yes

I have about 20.  Hope you like hammered bronze and bedliner

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/17/20 7:24 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:
eastsideTim said:

Can we all just bring down whatever half empty cans of paint we have and graffiti it at the track?

Honestly, yes

I have about 20.  Hope you like hammered bronze and bedliner

I’m figuring if a theme hasn’t been chosen before I leave for Florida, I’ll be hauling some down, too.  smiley

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/17/20 10:52 a.m.

if you cover all of it, anything goes with beige.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
10/17/20 11:59 a.m.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/17/20 12:27 p.m.

Since this is an Avalon, You should do a imitation Avalon King symbol/livery on it.  Then put sorry Casey on it.  Maybe we could atagonize him into having Genius Garage build a challenge car next year.  (Only relevant if you have seen the Avalon King Zero supercar build on YouTube that Casey Putsch is doing)

Color theory would say Purple/pink are most complimentary to beige.  That said black/green would look good.   I don't like Red/beige or Silver/beige personally.  Split compliment would be blue/red.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/20 4:34 p.m.

At this rate I'm running out of time for paint and body mods. Might be a hotel parking lot job...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/17/20 4:37 p.m.

At this rate I'm running out of time for paint and body mods. Might be a hotel parking lot job...

I'll bring whatever i have laying around.  Ancient half cans of paint should FMV at zero, right?  devil

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/20 4:44 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I generally take them to the back yard and shoot them with a pellet gun, so I'd say that's a fair assessment.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/20 7:20 p.m.

I'm bringing Rust-Oleum Hammered in "burnished amber."  I also have an old can of paint that I had color-matched to a 73 Impala wagon that was this color:

See the source image

I call it School Bus on Acid.

Actual picture of my car.... and it's sitting right next to this year's challenge winner, LoPrep's Impala SS:

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
10/18/20 8:56 p.m.

Beige deserves some woodgrained MacTac.

tb (minimally supportive)
tb (minimally supportive) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/18/20 9:18 p.m.

i can bring half a can

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kcWqeEZXSaGyi3utj2tz36pMPFi42M8epbLwKqwm5EBkIS8Tykxt0ykd0Xcsd7I9