Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/24/22 7:01 a.m.
feature_image

Racing Pride, a European-based charity that promotes LGBTQ+ inclusivity within all branches of the motorsports world, announced its expansion to North America with a number of new ambassadors and partners within the industry.

The ambassadors include both industry professionals and racing drivers:

• Tom O’Gorman, two-time Pirelli World Challenge champion, five-time SCCA Solo national champion, regular GRM guest
  • Devon Rouse, …

Read the rest of the story

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
1/24/22 9:21 a.m.

This is awesome news. 

It sucks that this has to be a thing, that there has to be organizations to combat homophobia or sexism or anything like that (referencing some of the stories about female drivers getting involved etc)

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
1/24/22 10:32 a.m.

Tom's a class act.

I agree that it's a shame that, you know *wildly gesticulating at the state the world*

P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff)
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/24/22 11:02 a.m.

It's sad that this has to exist, but I'm glad it does. I'm ordering a sticker now.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/24/22 1:19 p.m.

What ever it takes to give everyone a place at the table. I just want to hang out and do car things with everybody.

stylngle2003
stylngle2003 GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/24/22 3:51 p.m.

Also awesome to hear about Out Motorsports' inclusion. GRM is well represented!  Saw the news earlier on Motorsport.com

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/24/22 4:13 p.m.

Awesome. I had him autograph a Sportscar magazine at a TNIA years ago. He was on the cover and I said I wanted it for when he became famous. This was still fairly early in his pro career.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/24/22 5:23 p.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Tom's like our own rock star. In all seriousness, I love seeing our friends sign autographs. Hopefully it helps justify all of the sacrifices that they have made. 

P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff)
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/24/22 2:56 p.m.

My sticker arrived today.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/24/22 3:34 p.m.

The guy is a great driver and a snappy dresser. I think this is the first time I've ever seen him without sunglasses on.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/25/22 9:24 a.m.
Harvey said:

The guy is a great driver and a snappy dresser. I think this is the first time I've ever seen him without sunglasses on.

Tom is a great guy and a snappy dresser and, yeah, a rare non-glasses shot. I took that in victory lane at Daytona. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pmT0syO67TKqdLWeD8sz98jNzfyEUn1FCoE849dyFHxStodnoSd6AmOfwwGeqWpH