1 2
codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/27/21 8:34 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Thanks for the advice.  The tires on it now are 225x 16 they are horribly old. Probably well over 20 years but they wore evenly. 
 The tires fit with clearance to spare.  I was debating about going to a larger size but perhaps since they are rains stay with the size that works? 

If you can fit 15s over the brakes, that's probably a better choice than 17s, IMHO.  Certainly they'll be less expensive.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
9/27/21 8:47 p.m.

In reply to codrus (Forum Supporter) :

are you saying a 17x 7  or a 16x8 ? 
 I think I'll be using 8.5 x 15 for rims. That's what most SVRA group 6 cars use. That or 10x15's if I can stuff them under the stock fenders.  SVRA allows either one.  And I can put a 1 inch wide  spacer if I don't flair the fender. ( I've  actually figured out how to do that ) The stock fenders get me in with more clubs though and I'm not sure  the spacer will always be allowed. I've noticed most cars have stock fenders. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/27/21 9:07 p.m.

A 245 40 15 is awesome on 15 x 10s.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
9/27/21 9:20 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

Also, check out www.frostfighter.com

Thats what we, and several other teams, use for a defroster.  Basically, it is a rear window defroster you put on the inside of your windshield.  Add a fan and your golden.  We juat use a bilge blower fan.

I like that solution. Simple, light, and if rain isn't in the forecast can be left off completely. If things change quickly reinstalled. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/27/21 9:25 p.m.
frenchyd said:
wvumtnbkr said:

Also, check out www.frostfighter.com

Thats what we, and several other teams, use for a defroster.  Basically, it is a rear window defroster you put on the inside of your windshield.  Add a fan and your golden.  We juat use a bilge blower fan.

I like that solution. Simple, light, and if rain isn't in the forecast can be left off completely. If things change quickly reinstalled. 

You can't take off the defroster or reinstall it.  You could yake out the fan, i guess.

It is a royal pain in the ass to install yhe defroster and is permanent once installed.

It sticks to the glass.

In grid, you notice the lines, but they disappear when you are at speed.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
9/27/21 10:44 p.m.
Kendall_Jones said:
frenchyd said:

In reply to Kendall_Jones :

Hoosiers are pretty pricey. Plus as race tires they age out quickly. I was hoping for a less expensive alternative.  
  Rims are 16x7 

Heh, you didnt say cheap ;)  

If taken care of, they do last for a long time - the ones I raced on were used & ~ 5 years old.

That's good to know.  I'd assumed like most race tires they aged out quickly. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QrFalBo8QGSVZeMxkAMWnGsEhrWd6X0anUDF4j6XSPmzJvWqn70x2AoaGmWgKhJk