Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/10/17 5:53 p.m.

blatant cut and paste from the update I'm working on to the build thread, but need to get more traffic tp the topic. hence the separate post.

what I'm fixing to say somewhere else:

I have purchased an adjustable brake bias valve (18, not budget exempt due to not stock replacement) and a roll of nicopp tubing (budget exempt for safety).

I need to figure out what the 2 half used rolls of 3/8 steel fuel line tube are worth (current price for a 25 foot roll is 32 at the parts store, but im not sure that theres actually 25 goot worth left between the two. They have been in my storage for YEARS.

I need to figure out what scraps of 3/8 fuel line are worth, as I have a box full of 4-8 inch pieces.

Need to figure out what a used and noisy fuel pump is worth (i paid 13 for it new, was noisy as hell, pulled it off, got a refund from the seller, and replaced it with a different e2000 pump.

Need to figure out what a cobbled together nitrous kit is worth (4 solenoids, 2 plates, an msd retard box, brackets, line, bottle, misc chunks that we cobbled together from leftovers in our sheds years ago and I bought from dustin and dallas;’s stashes for all you can eat chinese dinner. I used the number 32 in my duster build thread when I got it back then, as I think thats what dinner cost me).

Need to figure out what 2 used cans of ford blue, and a half used can of cast coat iron are worth.

Please advise!!!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/10/17 6:31 p.m.

Fuel line current price is $1.28 per foot. Add up how many feet you use and use that?

My rule is used is worth 50% of new in good working order. If workable but has issues is 25%. So $3.25 on the fuel pump?

Nitrous system I'll leave to others that know better.

Paint I'd say 50% of new price.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/10/17 6:55 p.m.

the 1.28 ft counts for rubber, right?

id feel 50% on the fuel pump would be more fair. its got an hour of runtime, tops. just a piece of crap. so 7.50? but I have no receipt fro, then to back me up.

paint price sounds good. unknown how much paint is actually in those used cans, but they were pretty close to the same color of blue....

what about the rest? any ideas? or should I wait til Monday and bump for the majority of us that only surf while being paid to?

Stampie
2/10/17 6:58 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

I just took your $32 for 25 feet and got the $1.28 figure. I'd do the same for whatever line you use.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/10/17 7:05 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

ah!!! that's genius!!!!! thanks you!!!!!

Stampie
2/10/17 7:11 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

My momma always said I was special.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/12/17 6:02 p.m.

So, another one to add.

Bought a power steering box from the junkyard. I couldn't remove the pitman arm in the yard due to time, so i paid for the box w/pitman. I can't use and wont need the pitman. Can i put the price for box WITHOUT pitman in my budget instead?

Also, more feedback on the original questions....

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/13/17 7:37 a.m.

Bump for weekday crowd. Steering box and nitrous kit still up in the air.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
2/13/17 7:39 a.m.

What is the $$$ difference of the pitman arm you didn't need? Is the receipt itemized?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/13/17 7:45 a.m.

In reply to Brian:

Receipt not itemized. 7 dollars more for the box w/ pitman vs without according to the websites price list. Reciept shows the box with pitman, our battery cables, and a power steering hose we may or may not need.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kVsSeT5QtW0wokLGTPtnHeBfiVfQEJBaECbscYwkVoJUdQwc8OKprfuvug4nqMvY