RoadWarrior New Reader
8/1/09 9:01 a.m.

Hey, Does anyone make replacement balljoints for the upper control arms for these cars?

Just wondering, cleaning up the suspension now, and putting new tie rods and lower balljoints in. It isn't like there's a lot of play play in them or anything, the just move easliy. The only thing I see are replacing the complete arms from Mazda.

joey48442 SuperDork
8/1/09 10:47 a.m.

Complete with the arms was all I was ever able to find myself. They do last a long time, though.


RoadWarrior New Reader
8/1/09 11:12 a.m.

Yeah...i'm pretty sure mine are ok, just wanted to keep in mind in case I button it all up and there's play up top.

zoomx2 Reader
8/1/09 2:04 p.m.

In reply to RoadWarrior:

The upper control arms have ball-joints that are NOT serviceable. To change the ball joint, you must change the whole arm. If you do need some best get them used as the arms are pretty $$$ from Mazda. I got some from Parts Group when I needed them.

Our Preferred Partners