David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/31/20 8:18 a.m.
feature_image

Back this spring, when many of us were distracted by something going on in the news, Hyundai released a concept that it says provides an outlook of the “near future.”

The concept, an EV, is called Prophecy. 

From the Hyundai release: “Its neo-classic shape gives a nod to the luxury cars of the 1920s and 30s, while at the same …

Read the rest of the story

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/20 8:47 a.m.

That rear end is pushing another button. Tatra? Tucker? I can't remember what it is. But it's not a copy of anything. It's a shame the nose badge is so prominent, that doesn't match the rest of the vibe.

I love it. Let's hear it for real concept cars.

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/31/20 8:50 a.m.

The front end with those headlights looks like most of the "sports cars" in knock off racing games.

The rear end looks like all those old concept cars that were modeled after wooden boats and runabouts.

I like it until about halfway between the bpillar and cpillar.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/31/20 9:09 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I hear ya on the logo, but it's not bugging me too much. Overall, I think it's rather striking. 

like it a lot!

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 Reader
7/31/20 10:00 a.m.

Haha, yes it does look like a video game car that doesn't want to get sued. 

D2W
D2W Dork
7/31/20 11:15 a.m.

I love the shape

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/31/20 11:39 a.m.

looks more saab 92 prototype to me

other than the rear.  for some reason I think it reminds me of the front end of the Vanderhall Edison, maybe?

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
7/31/20 6:00 p.m.

I like it a lot too...

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
7/31/20 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Maybe you were thinking of Tanya Tucker ??

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
7/31/20 9:22 p.m.

If you hide from the B-pillar forward, and the entire 'pixilated' tail area, I can kinda see a bit of Porsche.

From the front though, it looks like a stylized Tesla Model 3 with the a badge that would make VW proud.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/20 9:34 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

That rear end is pushing another button. Tatra? Tucker? I can't remember what it is.

Bricklin.

jb229
jb229 New Reader
8/2/20 9:14 a.m.

The front looks like a mashup of Porsche, 300zx and Tesla Roadster, and it works pretty well.  Not sure what to think about that rear though, I can't decide whether it looks like something I'd expect on an old inter-war rear engined car or something out of one of the less appealing 90s retro throwback concepts.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
8/2/20 12:23 p.m.

Reminds me of the Olds Aurora, both generations, like this would be the fourth generation of that car had Olds lived.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s0ptKz0tRnQ95RMg9KT9UZqFwDUL1PEt0Ygx7NlXKZBL5RAAKJgkeMPXen9a8ekt