Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/9/20 9:09 a.m.
feature_image

If you designed a car to resemble an F-22 Raptor, what would it look like? Well, if you are Cadillac, just like the 2002 Cien concept.

Underneath its aerogel-composite body sat a longitudinally mounted, Northstar-based, 7.5-liter V12 that is reported to have been capable of sending 750 horsepower to the rear wheels through a six-speed, semi-automatic transmission.

The concept was built to celebrate …

Read the rest of the story

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/9/20 9:48 a.m.

I saw that in person. The sixteen would have helped Cadillac regain it's past glory. The Cien, while really neat, would not have really fit the brand.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/9/20 10:52 a.m.

I remember this car from grantourismo

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
9/9/20 12:09 p.m.

I sold a car to one of the designers on this. You can see a lot of the XLR and ELR in this IMO. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/9/20 12:44 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

I saw XLR in it, but I didn't even consider the ELR until you said that.

Now I can't unsee it.

stroker
stroker UberDork
9/9/20 12:59 p.m.

Me likey.  smiley

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
9/9/20 2:06 p.m.

I'd flog it!

dettonator20
dettonator20 New Reader
9/9/20 6:18 p.m.

I really like it! I think they could still make it now, throw a manual transmission in it, and one-up the C8! A terrible name, though, even to celebrate the 100th.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/9/20 7:32 p.m.

I always thought that GM should have made their mid-engined supercar a Cadillac to breathe youthful life into that brand. It's never too late........   

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
9/9/20 7:40 p.m.
yupididit said:

It was sort of "cheater fast" in GT4 IIRC.  

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/9/20 8:44 p.m.

Yes I sure would

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
9/9/20 8:48 p.m.

This looks like the Cybertruck's wealthy uncle.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/20 8:04 a.m.

So where do we get the body kit for a C8

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/10/20 12:51 p.m.
kazoospec said:
yupididit said:

It was sort of "cheater fast" in GT4 IIRC.  

Must def was lol

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/10/20 12:53 p.m.

It's cool but its no Chrysler ME Four-Twelve? Remember that thing? The mid-engine Chrysler with the quad-turbo V12?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/10/20 12:56 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

You can see a lot of the XLR and ELR in this IMO. 

I still occasionally see XLRs around, all of them in this boring platinum color or maybe gunmetal.

I saw one yesterday in a bright metallic aqua color and WOW it looked great in the bright shade.  No idea if that was a factory color or not but it really stood out and looked a lot less dated.

rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
9/10/20 3:51 p.m.

Oh look, it's a C8 with dentures.  When are people going to give up the use of "mid-engine" as an annoying marketing term that's been beaten to death?  Corvettes have been mid-engined for decades, just in the front instead of the back . . .

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/10/20 4:07 p.m.

In reply to rustomatic :

If the engine is behind you, its mid engined. They aren't marketing this to enthusiasts.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
9/10/20 6:28 p.m.

Duh in a heartbeat EVERY FREEKING day  !!!!!! Even to MALWART wink

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/10/20 8:17 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to rustomatic :

If the engine is behind you, its mid engined. They aren't marketing this to enthusiasts.

RX-8s are technically midengined too, and so were Lotus M100s, but nobody without an engineering degree would press that point. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/10/20 9:13 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

I sold a car to one of the designers on this. You can see a lot of the XLR and ELR in this IMO. 

Was it the first Cadillac to introduce the current Cadillac design language?  It seems most of their late model cars have some of its characteristics.  

johndej
johndej Dork
9/10/20 9:15 p.m.

Yup, oddly reminds me of an autounion.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/11/20 5:17 a.m.
stuart in mn said:
wearymicrobe said:

Was it the first Cadillac to introduce the current Cadillac design language?  It seems most of their late model cars have some of its characteristics.  

The Cadillac Evoq concept of 1999 was the first application of the Art & Science design language

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/20 7:17 a.m.

Interior seems really nice  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n0DFquLb3zHLZVYrQo3o5cklzFcZCgVa4ZKYtLrqkJGXTHE6mhcxxJXy5iyo5wiS