Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
11/1/17 2:35 p.m.
feature_image

It's no secret that data helps drivers go faster. As technology advances, data acquisition is no longer something featured on just the most serious race cars. There are a number of mobile apps available for download that can track your lap times, but what if you want a more complete system? We're talking complete data acquisition, instrumentation and live telemitry. …

Read the rest of the story

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
11/1/17 2:50 p.m.

Well done race pack

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
11/2/17 6:11 a.m.

Budget Exempt?

I can't be the only one Wondering.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/2/17 6:55 a.m.
GTXVette said:

Budget Exempt?

For the Challenge?  

Personally, if used during development and tuning, I would consider equipment like to be a "tool". 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/2/17 7:02 a.m.
GTXVette said:

Budget Exempt?

I remember this question a long time ago, and probably more than once.  As long as it's not there for the challenge, then nobody knows.  Better if you are willing to share the data and how you used it.

FWIW, given all of the open source stuff out there, with an arduino or other micro controller, you can make a very good data acq system for not a lot of money.  I was going to do that quite a while ago, but....  The hard part is finding software that can look at the data.

Still, anything that can help a car run better is good in my eyes.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy New Reader
11/2/17 8:22 a.m.

Besides the pre-mapped tracks, how would this fare compared to a tablet/phone and Torque Pro/any of the other apps out there?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4TNPEeuIzPsEkdSSiioy4VweIjDlCUacBwHoPagNof3sOA9jVkHUQ4exdvvZMnjW