16vCorey
16vCorey UberDork
5/23/12 10:51 a.m.

So the brakes on my 944 drive me nuts. I put them on years ago and I have no idea what brand or compound they are. They've still got plenty of life left, but they dust like CRAZY! I didn't care as much when i had my crappy cookie cutters on it, but now that I've got Fuchs I'd rather not ruin them with brake dust, and I don't really have time to clean them every other day. It's just a daily driver, so I'm not looking for track pads or anything. My requirements: Not so berkeleying dusty, they stop the car reasonably well, affordable. GO!

e_pie
e_pie Reader
5/23/12 11:23 a.m.

Well since it's just a daily I'd say Fuch it and get some flavor of Autozone pads. I've run them on my various daily drivers through the years without any issues or major dusting, and they're cheap.

16vCorey
16vCorey UberDork
5/23/12 11:33 a.m.

Honestly that's probably where the ones that are on it came from. I just checked their site and the only pad they carry for the '84 944 is an organic. Won't an organic pad dust more than a semi-metallic or ceramic pad?

WhiteLX
WhiteLX New Reader
5/23/12 12:09 p.m.

The Porterfield R-4s that I have on my XR4Ti dust very little (way less than the Hawk HPS I have on my other 2 vehicles). I can't really see any buildup even after a week of driving. Unfortunately they aren't a cheap pad, but they perform quite well. I had Autozone Duralast pads on it before and freeway stops were scary.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6oz6p5HS2ohoMImgj6PDvBysqSjpnjRw907dnnDYWu2lXb6tb27Jar4B5GA8icDK