oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
8/17/17 8:10 p.m.

I'm a few touch-up sweeps away from finishing a rattle-can paint job and then I want to work on making it look a little bit better. There are a few runs but not enough to count as a marathon so I want to start there first.

Anybody got some recommendations for video inspiration?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/17/17 8:44 p.m.

Subbing so i can learn as well. Im going to have to so the miata and challenge car here in the next couple of weeks.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/18/17 10:00 a.m.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized you asked for a video. I don't have any to recommend on that front.

I've used the same technique as this Meguiars Aussiville link.. There's not much to it other than to try to keep even pressure over the run, so you're actually sanding away the run and not gouging into the paint at the edge of the block.

For sanding water, I've always used warm tap water with a single drop of dawn in it in a large cup. Rinse often with a hose to wash away swarf so you don't grind dust into the surrounding area.

The real problem is that even after wet sanding with a 2000 grit paper, you really have to have a decent polisher to blend it in. It takes for freakin' EVAR to do by hand and get good gloss! I can't imagine those huge harbor freight $20 dollar ones doing the job.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yuzrj9JGRMZxkllmcsx43QYeOhHGtJvUZFQ85LqrZwlv3xmangqhyQAgCfwNA5fG