1 2
Bullfrog12
Bullfrog12 New Reader
3/26/23 12:16 p.m.

Super Cool....personally I would have started with a '94-'96 F-150 and put an LS motor in it.  Then both the Chevy and the Ford guys could be haters :).

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/26/23 12:45 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

I like your truck.  I've seen trucks somewhat  like that in vintage racing.  
    Would they allow boost ( turbocharging?). And does turbocharging help in auto crossing?  
     The reason my mind goes there is it's a cheap way to drastically increase power.  Using E85 instead of racing gas and turbo charging can produce a really flat torque curve. 

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
3/26/23 1:25 p.m.

I agree, that is a cool truck. 

I was at a track day several years ago, and there was very patina'd tan mid-sixties F-100 short bed that was slammed. I didn't have time to check it out before the first session, but when he blew by me and took off through the turns (I was in a Boxster, not exactly a slow car in the turns), I knew there was more to the truck than met the eye. 

Turns out it had Mustang GT engine, front suspension and cross member, and steering rack. I'm not sure what the rear suspension was because it was so  low you couldn't see it underneath the truck. They had to put a blister in the bed to clear the differential. The wheels were all 10 X 19's with 200TW tires. The interior was pretty much stock (including the steering wheel), but it did have a race seat. I thought it was awesome!

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/23 6:13 p.m.

Still a nice truck.  Is it still out there doing race truck things?

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/23 8:34 p.m.

Impressive. He's not just some yahoo. Much respect.

Reminds me of a group run where the Locost that I was driving had to work fairly hard to keep up with a '65 Ranchero. As someone whose first vehicle was a '64 Ranchero, I knew what a deathtrap that vehicle could be. Yet clearly this guy had tamed his. Just goes that with the right ingenuity, perseverance and adequate resources,  practically anything can happen.  Classic GRM.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/23 7:50 a.m.

I have a 2003 Sierra Denali that needs that treatment.  

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/27/23 8:56 a.m.

That 3rd link axle bracket is pretty awesome. It would also be easy to incorporate a Watts link as an alternative to the panhard bar.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bqHsewckMJzgWsJqhdnxK3uIS3WzUfsUNZxrjyfOGD4nMw8VLKxDIsBLI8QwMDBl