pedretti
pedretti New Reader
6/29/10 8:52 p.m.

i was wondering if anyone here owned a Renault Clio v6 or have one avalible for pictures. I've been trying to find some decent straight on pictures of the engine and the rear drive terrain for reference for a project i working on. any help is appreciated

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/29/10 8:55 p.m.

Too new to be imported legally....I would love one, but can't afford it.

M030
M030 HalfDork
6/29/10 9:54 p.m.

What's the project? Some sort of mid-engine hatchback with a V6, I hope...

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
6/29/10 10:19 p.m.

All for Challenge-friendly prices...

Jay
Jay Dork
6/30/10 6:26 a.m.

I've seen exactly two that I can remember, both in the UK. One "in the wild" and another one at a car show.

They hold their value like crazy... well, for a French car anyway. I don't think you could even get an old one for under ten grand.

Jay
Jay Dork
6/30/10 6:30 a.m.

These probably don't help much but they're all I got... Sorry.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 New Reader
6/30/10 9:29 a.m.

Jay said: They hold their value like crazy... well, for a French car anyway.

What's wrong with French cars? They're fine until you have to try to find a service shop...I mean, they close or go out of business about every 2 weeks, but other than that one little thing...

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/30/10 9:54 a.m.

Err, you'll find that Jay is in a place where it's not that big a problem to find a place that services a French car.

In most places in Europe, French cars have a stellar reputation for quality and durability that is only eclipsed by Italian cars' reputation for the same. Hence the deprecation...

I"ve seen the odd one in the UK for less than 10 grand (UK, so about $15k) but they usually had been bent and repaired...

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 New Reader
6/30/10 10:09 a.m.

My bad, hoss. No disrespect intended. My R-12 was grand little car until I tried to find a dealer for some work they had the tools for. I ended up scrapping the car.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Reader
6/30/10 11:10 a.m.

the fwd 16 valvers that preceded the v6 by more than a few years would be a fun little toy, especially the F1 Williams variants. Now, however, what exactly are you up to? something eVal I hope?

racerdave600
racerdave600 HalfDork
6/30/10 4:44 p.m.

A friend of mine just used one for a track day at Spa, he liked the car but commented that it was by far the slowest car there. Evidently guys that do track days there are VERY serious in terms of hardware.

pedretti
pedretti New Reader
6/30/10 7:24 p.m.
M030 wrote: What's the project? Some sort of mid-engine hatchback with a V6, I hope...

actually, after some lengthy discussion i've determined that i will be looking for a 2010 Genesis V8 engine for a Mid-engine Hatchback. the original idea was to use a Tiburon V6 engine to do this swap, but the down turn is the power gain to weight gain is pitiful as the tiburon engine is simply underpowered. Obviously the genesis is too new to simply buy a used car as a donor or for a junk yard to have a wrecked one. but I'm hoping that I'll be able to find one by the time I'm ready to start this project in 4-5 years.

Jay wrote: These probably don't help much but they're all I got... Sorry.

on the contrary, that trunk picture is helpful. i was wondering how low they had the engine sitting and if they had much room to see out the back window. the other two pictures became my desktop background

pedretti
pedretti New Reader
6/30/10 7:26 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: Too new to be imported legally....I would love one, but can't afford it.

too new to be imported for ROAD use legally, theres a few occasions you can import them (track only, show car, private collection (show car))

Jay
Jay Dork
7/1/10 6:53 a.m.
pedretti wrote: on the contrary, that trunk picture is helpful. i was wondering how low they had the engine sitting and if they had much room to see out the back window. the other two pictures became my desktop background

Haha, cool. I can send you fullsize versions if you want (2600 x 2000), they're about 2 MB each. Shoot me a PM/email (PMail?)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8NyioKxkua3GOszPAzSSucP3S3uvykUq3UZljFCUtOUOHnIlh3tVjSU4ZWNk7FGk