1 2 3
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/17/09 2:50 p.m.

I'm with Per. At 6'3" and most of my height up top I get crooked necked in most vehicles with a sunroof.

The primary reason I am pretty happy with the idea of running a Beetle is the headroom while wearing a helmet.

dxman92
dxman92 New Reader
7/12/09 10:17 p.m.

How hard would it be to get my hands on a set of the SE springs? I've been toying with the idea of a base 09 Accent hatch as my next daily driver.

keethrax
keethrax New Reader
7/12/09 10:49 p.m.

In reply to slefain:

I've been in the Kia version, seemed like a pretty slick little car.

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
11/29/10 11:56 a.m.
dxman92 wrote: How hard would it be to get my hands on a set of the SE springs? I've been toying with the idea of a base 09 Accent hatch as my next daily driver.

If you do, let me know. I've been researching cheap suspension options for a little later down the road...

subrew
subrew Reader
11/29/10 12:29 p.m.

SE springs are available at any Hyundai dealer, or places online that sell Hyundai parts. They were like $200 list price when we bought our 2007 GS. When I negotiated, I had them include a set of SE springs at cost.

RoosterSauce
RoosterSauce Reader
11/29/10 3:05 p.m.
subrew wrote: SE springs are available at any Hyundai dealer, or places online that sell Hyundai parts. They were like $200 list price when we bought our 2007 GS. When I negotiated, I had them include a set of SE springs at cost.

Do you happen to know the actual differences between standard and SE springs? It's nice to have numbers to compare to things such as lowering springs, or the potential results of trimming.

subrew
subrew Reader
11/29/10 4:05 p.m.

Nope, I never measured the differences between the GS and SE springs. I just swapped them out and called it good.

RioRacer
RioRacer Dork
11/29/10 5:32 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I dunno, I loved the Kia Rio that I had as a rental car recently. I just wish there was an aftermarket for them so I could justify one as a project car.

I have been enjoying mine, decent little car. and the factory steel wheels look, in there uber dorky way

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
11/29/10 6:42 p.m.

My buddy has a 13 second turbo'd Rio wagon.

He has a sickness.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Irm4YT743Yek7dTOn2cNVpDwx6g6KgeUExW7AE4BZSndM2KOboY34895eTF0M6Ev