1 2 3 4 5
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/13 10:10 a.m.

You would think I planned it that way. Like a moment of realization, when I was holding the camera, that I completely destroyed a perfectly good vehicle. Oddly enough, this is the only surviving picture of the car.

Also not pictured: dead 12A engine from endless highway antics.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/10/13 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Gimp:

Oh god this hurts to say... it's like vomit but here it goes...

BLOOOAARRRRRRR That Accent rules!!!!! aaarrrtrggggggghhhhhh!!!

/wipes mouth

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/10/13 10:12 a.m.

Mine's easy....

Behold the ricey-est car i've ever owned. Also the most fun. Mostly because of rice.

Hungary Bill
12/10/13 10:43 a.m.

Love the stickers!

What is that black thing on the bumper? Exhaust pipe?

oh please say "exhaust pipe"

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/10/13 10:51 a.m.

It's the exhaust pipe.

~4 year old picture here:

Hungary Bill
12/10/13 10:55 a.m.

That is the coolest thing I have seen all day!

I feel my GRM-ing is complete, and I may now continue on to more productive things while at work.

Thank you.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/10/13 11:07 a.m.

Riciest thing i've owned was a 98 non turbo 2.0/5spd eclipse i took in on partial trade. It was lowered (on a full tein coilover setup, at least), had the typical intake, leaky header, horrible exhaust piping and fart cannon. Grounding kit, colored vacuum lines, etc. Hole in the center console where there used to be a gauge, although i dont know what gauge you would need for a motor with intake and exhaust.

I sold it to my buddy and he's been driving it ever since. It's about ready to hit the 2nd phase of its ownership and get fixed up a bit. De-ricing the muffler is a high priority.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/10/13 11:44 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Absolutely love the exhaust.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
12/10/13 12:48 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

Me too

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer New Reader
12/10/13 12:52 p.m.

I gotta say its probably my current car. 1980 280zx with twice pipes and a bigish wing on the back. Oh and 15" a.r.e. rims.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/10/13 12:55 p.m.
JacktheRiffer wrote: I gotta say its probably my current car. 1980 280zx with twice pipes and a bigish wing on the back. Oh and 15" a.r.e. rims.

Picks or you're a lion.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
12/10/13 1:13 p.m.

My CRX was the closest to rice I've ever gotten.

Spraybombed with white rustoleum.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer New Reader
12/10/13 1:39 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:[URL=http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/MrValentine1383/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2013-12-10-13-35-23-1_zps84efe933.png.html][/URL]

Sorry for the filter. Its from SWMBO's instagram.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
12/10/13 2:44 p.m.

Hmmm can it be a 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix? My first car, bought at 18 and fresh into the Navy in '85. By the time I traded it, I had primered it black at the base auto hobby shop, black nugget AR steel wheels, a nice big hood scoop (non-functional), and an assortment of lights. Remember the license plate frames with rotating colored lights around the end?

Gee, can't seem to find a photo. What a bummer.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
12/10/13 2:52 p.m.

My current Miata. It's challenge my Dodge Shadow as the most ricey. The Shadow didn't take itself seriously. No muffler, crappy paint, house paint racing stripes, I beat that thing and it just laughed.

The Miata when purchased was an attempt at filling every stereotype about the stance crowd possible.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
12/10/13 4:36 p.m.

Not terrible, but did have: Giant/heavy useless sub in the trunk. Good only for rattling the rear plate.

Transplanted SE-R badge in the front grill, attached by the previous owner with profuse amounts of epoxy.

Faux Skyline front clip (AKA - "Factory Rice")

A stupid loud exhaust.

The "Stig Family" sticker in the back window.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
12/10/13 5:10 p.m.

Forgot my 300ZX that had the ricer wang on the back of it. In my defense, it was placed there by the PO.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
12/10/13 6:52 p.m.
mndsm wrote: In reply to JohnyHachi6: Vr4 Swap? As in.... TT FWD?

Yessir

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/10/13 6:56 p.m.
JohnyHachi6 wrote:
mndsm wrote: In reply to JohnyHachi6: Vr4 Swap? As in.... TT FWD?
Yessir

/boggle

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
12/10/13 7:14 p.m.

I'll add another one, although I've never had a sport compact of any nationality so I hesitate to call them "rice". With this one as well as the truck I posted earlier I would likely do it again if I had the funds.

Yes I painted the stock wheel centers black.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/10/13 8:27 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:

You are officially my hero.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
12/10/13 9:25 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

I liked the part where the picture isn't visible and then he says "not pictured:" I lol'd

speedblind
speedblind HalfDork
12/10/13 9:33 p.m.

The first car I ever took way too far.

Bought it like this:

Replaced every single bushing, redid the interior, upgraded the suspension, etc. Made a great dual-purpose daily driver/track car that looked like this:

Then, like an idiot, decided I wanted a "race" car. Stripped the interior, removed the sunroof and made this:

The pictures above are after I shipped the car across the country. But, it's ruined. I'd write 25-year-old-me a big check for that E30 in its fully restored, pre race-car-idiot form.

Of course, E30s are addicting, so I eventually bought another one and turned it into this:

That red car though...man I miss it.

Claff
Claff Reader
12/10/13 9:53 p.m.

My 87 CRX Si needed exhaust one winter (they only seemed to last a year or two and then they'd rust holes into them again). Instead of going to the local muffler shop I bought a cat-back from JC Whitney that had four big chrome tips poking out of the back bumper. I brought thatto the local muffler shop and they said they had to massage it a lot to get it to hang right so it still cost me a mint. And sure enough rust got to that one too. First one pair of tips broke off, then the other, and eventually the whole muffler fell off the car while cruising at 65MPH on I-91 in Springfield, Mass. (whoops).

That car had deep tint, I mean deep tint on the rear three windows. Never got pulled over for it for the longest time but had a heckuva time finding a shop to do the annual inspection. Eventually I did get pulled over. The cop put a meter on it and it came out to 10% on the rear quarters and 5% on the rear hatch. The doors were completely untinted. I bought it this way.

As the car was winding down and rusting out I remember taking it to a NHIS NASCAR weekend back when I was a media freeloader for one of the minor league series that joined the big boys there. I stopped off at Staples,got some mailbox stick-on letters and had myself an ultra rare CRX Si Type R for a while.

This pic shows the tint but it must have been pre- (or post-) JC Whitney exhaust

Oh yeah

Oh yeah, and one of the first things I was going to do with this car once I bought it was to replace those stock wheels because I thought they looked silly. I never did, and, knowing my taste and cheapskatedness from those days (which I may or may not have grown out of), I probably did myself a favor. I wound up learning to like them quite a bit.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
12/10/13 11:21 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: You are officially my hero.

Thanks. Apparently I'm Andy's hero too

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ziRYjLozxX7wKteMZjBe9yPKR4MGYCOtkyJlabT2Mrh5SXMewvzHYoyC5pNCvViQ