scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
9/20/18 7:29 p.m.

So wifey call me up and said her new car was hard to start yesterday and now it was pulling to the left . We had just put new tires on it a few months ago . Of course when I went to see about it when I got home it started up just fine, drove just fine. Next few days she saying it will almost make a right turn all by itself. Further investigation I found that at speeds lower than 40 and the car will pull random hard right. I put in a new battery and the steering issue went away . Crazy or what ?

Car is a 2015 Camry. 

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/20/18 10:48 p.m.

Does it have any sort of lane keeping system or electric assist steering? Maybe the low voltage was making behave oddly.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
9/21/18 4:29 p.m.

I know you can't account for every little thing but after the 'WOT feedback loop' programming snafu years back you would think Toyota would try extra hard to make sure their software doesn't sporadically try to kill you. Maybe the floormat got jammed up under the steering wheel? 

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/21/18 4:52 p.m.

the issue is a low battery condition. the first major system to get shut off is the electric assisted steering, which should get people to take their cars to the dealership since it is acting weird

the steering feedback is the primary tactile thing on cars anymore. a friend had a similar situation with a Rav4 and the dealer asked her to stop driving and get it towed to the dealership. a new battery fixed the issue.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
9/22/18 7:52 a.m.

Well so far so good ! Seems it was the battery, not the floor mats , lol.

Dealership was clueless when I asked them about it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fKCOQ9c433iCTCorCmT3v8oRpYC44fLYP5N4AEnbxHfGDUNCen4TojVYVwzW4A67