loumash
loumash New Reader
2/24/20 3:01 p.m.

I'm going to the Indy 500 this year with friends.  I'll be staying with a fiend in Carmel, IN at his house.  Last time I went I flew, but this year I have some extra vacation time and I was thinking of driving my NC Miata down and taking a scenic trip back home.  I was thinking about the Corvette Museum ( I have a friend in Louisville) and maybe the Tail of the Dragon.  Any other ideas?  I was thinking I'd head towards the Carolinas, but Im not sure where the best stops could be.  Suggestions welcome!

LarryNH
LarryNH GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/24/20 7:48 p.m.

If you like bourbon, drive part of the KY Bourbon Trail.  Louisville about 2 hours to Indy.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/24/20 8:19 p.m.

At Louisville you can go left to Lexington and drive 2-lane roads full of horse farms or drive straight to Bowling Green and visit the Corvette plant.  We like the Horse Park also I believe Toyota had a plant tour  north of Lexington. 

Check the Corvette tours as you have to schedule your tour and last time I checked   it was closed for retooling.   

Ruh Ro

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/26/20 9:30 a.m.

I won't be of much help on your destination, if you're heading out or coming back on the southern routes out of MA, I'm nearby to grab some lunch or dinner.  I'm right off of 84 and only a bit further from 90.  Closest to the Stafford exit on 84 or Sturbridge or Palmer exit of 90.

triumph7
triumph7 Reader
2/26/20 2:31 p.m.

Not car related but if you get near Dayton, Ohio there is the Air Force Museum... that's worth at least a day if not more.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LNJRjdEZOGfrWJmChpTf6tgwkEFl3p7kLd08NthlaV3yubL1cl0whLM6OcM1cEWv