1 2
wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
4/17/21 11:07 a.m.
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm gonna get eviscerated for this comment, but at city/around-town speeds, the S2000 feels like a Civic with the roof removed. They are only "fun" when you have space to wind 'em out.

No, I think that is a valid comment. If you want a car that you can drive with enjoyment full bore all the time without getting a ticket, you'd have to look for an old Fiat 850 or a Bugeye Sprite.

The S2000 is a car you can drive in the city like a civic, but it has this hidden switch you can hit when road conditions allow, that switches it from A/mundane mode to B/performance mode when you can use it and want to use it. Nothing wrong with that!  It also means that there are  quite a few used ones around that have never been switched from A to B - one young lady I asked about it said she'd never exceeded 5000 rpm in hers.....

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/18/21 11:40 a.m.
350z247 said:

In reply to fatallightning :

I agree on all three. The 986 was a good start, but by the 987.2, Porsche had perfected the roadster. The 981 Spyder is the absolute pinnacle of open top track weapons. If only they had actually produced the Bergspyder...The Porsche Boxster Bergspyder Came Agonisingly Close To Production

roll your own. 

as far as the whole "you can't live with a zzw30 mr2" thing goes. I disagree, you have to use the available space wisely but I've used them for dds for years with a kiddo. If you want to figure it out, you will, if you don't, you won't. 

350z247
350z247 Reader
4/18/21 12:44 p.m.

In reply to Carbon (Forum Supporter) :

I'm not cutting the windshield off of a limited run $90K Porsche, but I can dream.

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
4/18/21 10:18 p.m.
350z247 said:

I'm not cutting the windshield off of a limited run $90K Porsche, but I can dream.

Was suggesting doing that to a $6000 Toyota instead then kicking the Porsche's ass with it. It is "grassroots motorsports" after all. 

spandak
spandak Dork
4/18/21 10:24 p.m.

If it wasn't my only car I would de-windshieldify my 986. Remove the top and windows and a ton of weight. Then run the intake up between the headrests like an Atom. Ugh. That would be epic.
Carbon, your car is an inspiration!

350z247
350z247 Reader
4/19/21 6:25 a.m.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an MR2 in the low 1:30s at Road Atlanta, but all the same, it's a good look.

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
4/19/21 11:35 a.m.
350z247 said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen an MR2 in the low 1:30s at Road Atlanta, but all the same, it's a good look.

Just a matter of what mods. 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
iFccTsUe6vOsJiZ7rv8JOT7glzmPm78cynyTQew5aNUNBs2DeJql2IuGhe92j6y0