etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/25/16 6:43 p.m.

My favorite wife & I will be in attendance. From the Learn Me™ thread, I know Mikeatrpi is going. Suspect SESTO actually lives there.....

Who else is going, and more importantly: what are you drinking?

Oh, yeah, can we please NOT hotlink pics of LRP & this weekend here?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/16 7:14 p.m.

I'm stuck at work Fri and Sat. We may take a ride out to the car show on Sunday.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/25/16 7:35 p.m.

I really wanted to grab the track night in America package, but I have a play that my daughter is in too far away tomorrow night, then I ship off to Watkins Glen for a chump race..

Racer problems :)

Y'all have fun now, ya hear.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/16 8:39 p.m.

I have to work on Saturday and don't usually go up for Sunday events. I really miss spending Memorial Day up there. I did it for more than 20 years. It's disappointing that it's no longer the biggest day of the year anymore.

Woody
5/25/16 8:42 p.m.

I thought about going up on Friday but actual racing doesn't start until almost 3:00.

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
5/25/16 8:53 p.m.

I had thoughts of going up yesterday for open testing, but that didn't pan out. I went to the Memorial Day races for years, but I find myself more inclined to head up there for the smaller events these days, or at least the non-peak-crowd days.

bruceman
bruceman Reader
5/25/16 9:02 p.m.

I'll be there working with the Cadillac Team

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
5/25/16 9:14 p.m.

I will not be there despite having plans to have been there. I have a somewhat massive construction project under way that requires I spend my holiday weekend shirtless, drunk and wielding a framing nailer.

So, just like the track except for the smell of burning wood instead of brakes.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/16 11:25 p.m.

I will be up there on the 4th for the vintage event.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
5/26/16 8:41 a.m.

I went every year for a long time. Growing crowds, parking, age all came in to play. Don't go anymore.

car39
car39 HalfDork
5/26/16 9:13 a.m.

Last year was the first time in 42 years I didn't make it. The ride there went from an hour to 15 hours, so I passed.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
5/26/16 11:41 a.m.

I'll be there,1st camping weekend with the baby (10mo) gonna be interesting. Come find me, I'll have the black is300 sportx and a white matrix xrs.

WonkoTheSane
5/26/16 3:05 p.m.

Sounds like no one goes there anymore because it's too crowded...

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
5/26/16 3:56 p.m.

Limerock is way better when crowded imho. More than half the fun is the leople and the cars they bring.

Woody
5/26/16 4:32 p.m.
WonkoTheSane wrote: Sounds like no one goes there anymore because it's too crowded...

No.

No one goes because their Memorial Day Weekend lineup isn't a big a deal as it used to be. It's nowhere near as crowded as it was back in the 80s. There were five mile long traffic jams on Route 7. I remember passengers getting out of their cars and grabbing adult beverages out of the cooler in the trunk.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/26/16 7:28 p.m.

The year before the merger they had ALMS, Grand am AND Conti too. Then the merger happened & they lost top tier racing. PC & GTD wasn't enough of a draw for me to drive 3 hours.

SPEED CHALLENGE was always fun & PWC seems to have found it's way again.

Glad to see the track get more Pro racing, Lime Rock Park is one of my favorite places. Did I ever tell you about the limo ride I had there?

WonkoTheSane
5/27/16 1:22 a.m.

I was really just going for Yogi Berra quote :)

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
5/27/16 10:26 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Truth in that. However, I never ran into traffic jams. Maybe because I didn't go on Rt. 7.

44&112 were easy.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/27/16 2:56 p.m.

Heat + beer + racecars=

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jfBjopfIHv0lQCSnd7KJjn2EwOI4KgbKWAduC5GFZ94bpwFT5B0ChDx0nxaM7jm8