Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 New Reader
1/15/10 8:14 p.m.

Ive got a full painless harness to put in an 89 RX7 with a stroked, aluminum headed small block Chevy and five speed. what I'm having trouble with is finding a good wiring diagram for the factory wiring of the pop up headlights, sunroof, etc. the stuff id like to retain. anyone have a source that is free?

thanks

Michael

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
1/15/10 8:24 p.m.

Get a Hayne's manual. Not free, but I have both it and the FSM and they're pretty much the same. The Hayne's contains wiring diagrams from the FSM.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/15/10 8:33 p.m.

www.RX7club.com

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
1/15/10 9:05 p.m.

http://foxed.ca/foxed/index.php?page=rx7manual

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 New Reader
1/16/10 8:18 p.m.

thanks guys. between the three, ive got what i need.

except motivation and hands small enough for a japanese car.

michael

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 New Reader
1/21/10 9:20 p.m.

ok, the way its looking is that i will need to retain the CPU for the lighting system to operate properly. is this correct? is there aby way around this?

the car was pretty well hacked. not much in the way of electrical was salvagable. i have managed to get all the factory switches and controls, but not a good harness. so ill still be using the 18 circuit painless.

this is not my first wiring harness, but it is my first on a late model. (wow, im getting old when 1989 is a late model)

anyone have a solution for the lights without a CPU and using factory switches?

also, the fuel sender is 6 ohms full, 110 empty according to what ive found. what have you guys run for a gauge other than the factory? all the rest of the gauges are autometers, and i would like to match them.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
1/21/10 9:54 p.m.

www.RX7Club.com and www.v8rx7forum.com are your friends

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dsztKrzYMW8CDNp19uDshs7oDFZNZmFLiGqYHGQ121FnfUPbizjIMsHDdTtbIpSL