1 2
ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/2/15 4:03 p.m.
Autolex wrote: So, why the berkeley don't we ditch the Car class letters altogether. Three digits, no re-use, 100-199 range used for the second driver on two driver cars (two driver cars primary driver use the 00-99 range). Sort class out later/digitally. obviously this won't work for events with 1000+ participants

It would make gridding with/running with/identifying competitors in your class much more difficult. Also, as the sport is policed by its competitors, it would make violating the rules a lot easier.

I don't see a problem with 2 letter classes. 3 letters isn't bad. I agree that 4+ letters is getting to be a bit much. You could get it all done with two letters pretty easily: Stock, Street, Touring, something between Touring/Prepared, Prepared, and Modified with sub-classes.

evildky
evildky Dork
1/2/15 4:06 p.m.

1000+ drivers? I don't think nationals event hits that mark, does it?

Welcome to the fold Mr Mason, Nice to see some locals on here.

Autolex
Autolex Dork
1/2/15 4:07 p.m.

how about 4 numbers. prefix is "class identifier", last two are "class number"

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
1/2/15 4:43 p.m.
evildky wrote: 1000+ drivers? I don't think nationals event hits that mark, does it?

For at least a decade.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/2/15 5:27 p.m.
Autolex wrote: how about 4 numbers. prefix is "class identifier", last two are "class number"

And for 2 driver cars?

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/2/15 6:40 p.m.
evildky wrote: 1000+ drivers? I don't think nationals event hits that mark, does it? Welcome to the fold Mr Mason, Nice to see some locals on here.

yes … has for some time now

oops … late again … DILYSI beat me to it

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QpSFHWZw8o6D7QbDMzhW1JIkg8rscWuCaZV8wpHqxW6jkmXnuvcJ1VMfdwXTc5eB