1 ... 107 108 109
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
5/6/21 7:29 a.m.

After my failed dyno session, I ran a new wire from the ECM to the Dakota box and that seemed to work. I road tested the car and it made really good power and suddenly the clutch stopped clutching. I pulled it out and discovered this:

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
5/16/21 7:34 a.m.

Ever since I installed the new parts, the car has had a strange idle (goes up and down) and when revving up, the vehicle speed sensor would be erratic. I had to abandon a dyno test because I couldn't solve the problem with the VSS. Yesterday I spent the entire day trying to solve the problem. I replaced wires, I soldered crimped wire ends, replaced the battery and nothing worked. I even unplugged the VSS wire that goes into the computer and the vehicle speed would jump from zero to 250 mph when I revved the engine up. At this point I was beside myself and just started jiggling wires then just like that, I jiggled a wire and the engine died. Turns out one of those flat blade connectors on the fuse panel was loose. I tightened it up and the problem went away. I wonder how long this has been affecting the car? My wife thinks it goes back to 2019 when we had some strange power dips. All I know is I can't wait to get it out and drive it. I will be replacing the fuse panel with one that has screw-on connections.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/16/21 2:26 p.m.

In honor of my birthday today would please do a hot lap at the kart track?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
5/16/21 9:28 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Happy Birthday! I can't do it today but I'll try to get one in this week and get video of it

1 ... 107 108 109
Our Preferred Partners
Sa55nkJaMcvItmmFPSS6TT7Er3YHaDqvcudRF4qaVr4nHyVJAs1xoePXtDoKa0jP