1 2
fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/4/09 10:46 a.m.
sachilles wrote: nope....pedal is not firm. Goes to the floor pretty easy. That is why I think the master is busted. Exhibits all the symptoms of a car with a blown brake line, without actually losing any fluid. How can I tell if I have the traction control system in this car(without driving it)?

Stop before you replace anything!! This just jogged my memory...

My car had a similar problem and I remember reading about it somewhere on the Sabbnet. I can't remember (over 5 year ago) what type of brake problem I had... maybe it was bleeding them. The fluid on my car had to be totally topped off past the fill mark to bleed properly. Maybe it has something to do with this problem you're having, I don't know.

FYI - I have a Haynes hard cover manual for the 9000 if you need it. $25 shipped and it's yours. It was a special order item and I don't think they're available from local parts stores under $50. Send me a PM if interested.

sachilles
sachilles Reader
4/4/09 10:56 a.m.

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm all set with the manual, but thanks for the offer. I have a buddy who is a saab tech that suggested the same thing relative to bleeding the system, before I commit to buying a new master. so if the weather ever cooperates up here, while I have some free time, I'll give it a good bleed before I throw parts at it. Fluid is nasty looking anyway.

procainestart
procainestart Dork
4/7/09 12:17 a.m.

SRS issue could be simple -- the "clock spring" wiring at the steering wheel can fail and will trigger the dash light. Few bucks at the pull-a-part.

eEuroparts.com is your friend for new parts.

PaulY
PaulY Reader
6/18/09 12:20 p.m.

SAAB people, is there anything I should be looking out for when buying one of these? I found what looks like a mint 93 9000 cse turbo, http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8476701

I've heard good and bad things in all my research, from what i gathered, if the trans shifts well and there are comprehensive oil change receipts then i should be good but there is always the possible issue of the tcs, is it possible to turn it off some how if it's a problem? The owner has records and i'm going to look at it and drive it Friday I just wanted to know what I was getting into. The low price worries me but i'm hoping it's attributed to a low interest in saabs on the island.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
6/18/09 1:27 p.m.

I would actually consider that to be a high price for the mileage..... that transmission won't be happy by now.

If it was a 5-speed, i'd tell you to go for it. They're deceptively fast, get very good gas mileage, and as long as you keep a backup ignition cassette or whatever they're calling them these days, they're VERY reliable.

Drive it, if you like it then, try to talk him down a little. If you REALLY like it, then pay the man.

I'd hold out for a 5speed, though.

You CAN disable the TCS, i don't remember exactly how, but SaabNet or whatever the big saab forums were can tell you how. I think that also gets rid of the boost limit in 1st and 2nd gear.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
6/18/09 1:37 p.m.

'93 is generaly considered a bad year for 9000s (you find the clasifieds filled with '93s at low prices for a reason) but if the car is a 5spd and in otherwise VG condition a hands on owner can work around the big problems. I think that TCS can be defeated & removed if you are determaned enough. The saab specific interweb forums are the place to go for more info about that. Also all 9Ks should be checked for cracked/rotten rear shock towers, if its just cracked its an easy welding fix. saab cental saabnet Thors saab portal

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
6/18/09 1:42 p.m.

Ah.... Saab Central is the one that i was a part of. That's a good site.

As long as it's got the 2.3T, and a 5speed, i'd be happy. That 2.3T is a SICK motor. Sounds like a Subie with an uncorked exhaust.

PaulY
PaulY Reader
6/18/09 1:56 p.m.

Unfortunately we need an auto since it's for the wife. I'll be checking really carefully for hard shifts, clunking or slipping. Although it says even with a good trans it can go at any time. I was worried this was too good to be true.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yK63NMFvNqpuf3DDVFRSHW9gcnk9G7FIdKgWxVmqq14A7w1csPpiOONes10jKYzN