Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/3/11 8:33 a.m.

The Search function on the site is currently not working, and although a fix is in progress, the current code necessitates that this fix must be tied to the overall site redesign that's already proceeding and due to launch by the EOY.

In the meantime, you can search GRM with Google, since most of it is indexed. Either one of these two methods will make your search GRM-specific:

Just add "site:grassrootsmotorsports.com" without the quotes to the search;

Alternatively, when using Google you can select "advanced search" and type grassrootsmotorsports into the domain box.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and good luck, hunters.

Margie

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
8/3/11 9:45 a.m.

If you don't sticky this thread how will we find it when it falls off the first page?

Just kidding, I rarely use the search function anyway. I think we can get by without it for a few months....besides it will give me a better chance at posting a link to a Ken Block video and make the claim that I didn't know it was a repost.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
8/3/11 9:48 a.m.

It is stickied.

If you use the "latest topics" button for your forum browsing, this thread will rise and fall with traffic like a normal thread, but if you are on the Grassroots Motorsports forum it will always be toward the top.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
8/3/11 9:53 a.m.

lol, I was only joking...I know how to use the googles.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/3/11 2:23 p.m.

I can't remember the last time I used the search function... but it is a good thing to have

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/3/11 5:06 p.m.

google's "site:" search is not a work around...it is the best way to search most sites

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/3/11 8:02 p.m.

Lucky for us this site is full of self centered jerks whose immediate response to any question is "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION"

Shouldn't be a problem.

Taiden
Taiden HalfDork
8/3/11 8:16 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: google's "site:" search is not a work around...it is the best way to search most sites

This is entirely true, and why I hate subaru-svx.net. For some reason it's not indexed!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/3/11 8:45 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Lucky for us this site is full of self centered jerks whose immediate response to any question is "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION" Shouldn't be a problem.

Good point. Almost everybody here is willing to help people.

Raze
Raze Dork
8/17/11 4:55 p.m.

Funny, I figured out using Google a week or so ago when all my searches went awry...

a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/24/11 7:59 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: google's "site:" search is not a work around...it is the best way to search most sites

^^THIS

"WHATEVER THE berkeley YOU WANT"site:grassrootsmotorsports.com

irish44j
irish44j Dork
9/10/11 9:50 p.m.

thanks, I was trying to search for something today and thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find the berkeleying search box!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/16/11 9:50 p.m.

Is there a way to search the old board? I spent a lot of time digging up the numbers for uncle poop's mass deportation plan.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
9/17/11 11:28 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Is there a way to search the old board? I spent a lot of time digging up the numbers for uncle poop's mass deportation plan.

google is still your friend. try

site:archive.grassrootsmotorsports.com "annoying political drivel"

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/18/11 12:07 p.m.

Wait, all my old posts are still on here somewhere? Oh crap, I thought they just disappeared eventually.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/19/11 4:50 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Wait, all my old posts are still on here somewhere? Oh crap, I thought they just disappeared eventually.

they are still there for everyone to see

Sultan
Sultan Reader
1/6/12 4:12 p.m.

the current code necessitates that this fix must be tied to the overall site redesign that's already proceeding and due to launch by the EOY

Any update on the update?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
1/11/12 9:00 a.m.
Sultan wrote: the current code necessitates that this fix must be tied to the overall site redesign that's already proceeding and due to launch by the EOY Any update on the update?

The update is in place; the search function is functional. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good at serving up content. It's not as good as it will be, but it can find things.

flexi
flexi New Reader
1/22/12 12:25 p.m.

Is search under "community" supposed to work? I tried a member search by city and state - I got the burning vehicle page :(

Sultan
Sultan Reader
1/23/12 8:40 p.m.

The ads now cover where the search box was. So how do you search?

Send help.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zBVwKuOqOX2AjI3mRJSndipIT5wjoTJ86f4jZLlSxAs0hgN6P1J7YqEVroTu03Tq