fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
7/1/12 1:26 p.m.

So I bought a 1991 Miata last fall, and its been fun, but I am thinking I would like to try some other cars and see what else is out there. So I have been casually thinking about trading/selling my Miata for something.

I don't really know what I am looking for, but I would say up to 4-5K is where I am looking to spend. I want something that is cool and that I can cruise around in and also get me to work everyday. I am fine doing my own work but I need something that is running and driving well when bought, it has to serve partial DD status. Im not limiting my search to cars that are able to handle or that are fast. To give an idea of things I would contemplate buying, 50s pick up, old volvo or merc, mullet mobiles, AC bug (Baja Bugs are real cool), e30 or e36, wagons are cool, V8s are cool. I just really want to try a new (old) car, but I don't want to pigeon hole myself into a certain type of car. So if anyone here would like to suggest cars for me to look at or would be interested in buying/trading, I am all ears. Im not buying anything before selling the car either.

Background on the Miata, it is not a cosmetically perfect car. Two PO's ago wasnt the best driver and there is a scrape/dent on the passenger side and one of the headlight covers is a bit loose. And it is rusting in front of the rear passenger wheel well. None of this stuff really bothered me or the guy I bought it from, as it was going to be used for AutoX and track days. I think between the two of us. less than 10,000 miles have been put on it, its around 119,000 right now. It has headers and catback exhaust, CAI, V-Maxx coilovers, conversion to a Torsen diff from a 99, brakes from '94+ miata and hawk hp+ pads and stainless braided lines, Konig Helium wheels with AD08s lots of tread left, koyo aluminum radiator, 4 point harness, Boss Frog Clearview Single Hoop rollbar with a harness bar, also a hardtop. PS and AC have been removed, because racecar. Recently it has also been hard to start, it cranks and cranks then will start and run fine. I'd guess failing fuel pump. More pictures, link. Oh and it has turn signals now. And feel free to ignore the other random pictures in there.

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
7/1/12 2:03 p.m.

How much of this work did you do yourself vs how much did it come as is?

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
7/1/12 3:15 p.m.

Almost all of the work done was by the previous owner. I installed V-Maxx coilovers but beyond that I've left it as is. I have a lot of confidence in the previous owners abilities, and haven't had any problems with anything he installed.

I forgot to mention earlier, but it also has an ACT heavy duty clutch and a lightened flywheel.

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
7/1/12 3:57 p.m.

Yeah, not asking because something is wrong, asking because I think that is part of why you don't have as much attachment to the car. It's already been mostly tweaked and when a car is like that it sometimes (for me at least) don't feel like your own

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bMDaBya9g4cZ1ZgpcN7pzk37rsaXNIS3cLs0KlRcrLst6qV8fKu2P3ulPF7y74QA