David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/24/17 2:13 p.m.

Welcome to Daytona Beach, our hometown. We might not have a decent local music scene, but our backyard does feature one of the world’s most famous race tracks: Daytona International Speedway. In fact, we’re probably a bit jaded by its presence, since we pass by often (it’s next to our local Home Depot, and across the street from Target). My …

Read the rest of the story

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/24/17 4:01 p.m.

Don't forget Houligan's at 1725 W. International Speedway Blvd. (ISB to locals), where you can join the GRM staff and friends for wings and beer Friday evening. Find us after 5:30 in the upstairs banquet room.

And if you like Chinese buffets (who doesn't?), our favorite guilty pleasure is located just east of the Speedway: Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet at 1320 W. ISB. You want the fried chicken there--trust me.

We'll have donuts at the GRM Experience tent (in the infield next to Lake Lloyd) each morning from 9 a.m. until they run out, but if you don't manage to grab one, you can go to the mothership from whence they come: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts at 980 W. ISB. For all you non-Southerners, hit it when the "hot doughnuts now" sign is lit and you'll never be sorry.

See you this weekend!

Margie

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/24/17 4:04 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: For all you non-Southerners, hit it when the "hot doughnuts now" sign is lit and you'll never be sorry. See you this weekend! Margie

That is just false, or at best an alternative fact. The "sorry" starts at about hot donut number 4.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/24/17 4:17 p.m.

Also--- for delicious BBQ, head to the Smoke Shack-- directly across from the track:

BBQ

For live music, good food, the ocean, and fantastic people watching while you imbibe--- the Ocean Deck really can't be beat: Deck

And if you like smokey, dimly lit, but extremely friendly Irish Pubs with exceptional service--- Robbie O'Connells is the place where the locals drink. (well, at least the locals you'd want to hang out with!) Robbie's FB Page

Marjorie Suddard
1/25/17 12:12 p.m.
mtn wrote:
Marjorie Suddard wrote: For all you non-Southerners, hit it when the "hot doughnuts now" sign is lit and you'll never be sorry. See you this weekend! Margie
That is just false, or at best an alternative fact. The "sorry" starts at about hot donut number 4.

Fair point, but I'd argue the number is more like 6. When they're hot, they just melt right down... onto your thighs.

Margie

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/25/17 12:21 p.m.

I heard a member of your staff is having a birthday during the event!

If you are going to be there, wish Nancy Comes a Happy Birthday!!

Marjorie Suddard
1/25/17 3:05 p.m.

Nancy, Rick and Joe are all celebrating birthdays within days. ;)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9ft9xo25e1kdcybl5sbhf5QqMuogHLPe4e7XDnWegdFQ6lXi0kJFSYNQb06pm5vo