1 2
StainlessWings
StainlessWings GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/22/15 10:24 p.m.

So, it's pretty much been decided that barring something ridiculous in the way of a deal on a pure 2-seater (like a C4) that we should get skmethkng with a back seat...

So, the current top runner is this: http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5069363643.html

I'm having a -really- hard time getting a good bead on what the right price for it should be though... KBB doesn't price cars that old, but a 1992 with the same features even in excellent condition only comes up at about $2k (and it doesn't account for the rebuilt title). NADA however comes back with an ''average" retail price for it of over $6k...

Edit: this seems much more in line with what I'd expect, though unfortunately is much further away and isn't as appealing of a color to SWMBO... http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/5051865102.html

StainlessWings
6/24/15 9:19 a.m.

And, after it sitting out in the rain with a trashed top- the M3 is down almost $1000... if it runs and drives well and I could get it down another $5-600 it could also make a fun challenge car...

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5089608382.html

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
6/24/15 9:44 a.m.
KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
6/24/15 9:45 a.m.

I like the M3, that seems like a good deal on what might be a helluva driver.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
6/24/15 10:08 a.m.

MR2 spyder?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/15 10:21 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: Volvo?

I was looking for a C70 coupe this winter and discovered that there are a lot of C70 convertibles in that price range. I always forget about those cars.

StainlessWings
6/24/15 11:25 a.m.
Woody wrote:
KyAllroad wrote: Volvo?
I was looking for a C70 coupe this winter and discovered that there are a lot of C70 convertibles in that price range. I always forget about those cars.

I've been eyeing that C70, though it seems overpriced even before accounting for the rebuilt title. SWMBO is fine with them too.

Spoolpigeon wrote: MR2 spyder?

The MR2 Spyder is one of the few true 2-seaters that would be given serious consideration if I could find one in my price range- one of our neighbors has a friend with a silver one that SWMBO and I have drooled over when they're over. Unfortunately they seem to be pretty uncommon, and usually well out of our range (and almost always stickshift too).

I'll be keeping an eye on the M3 and bouncing it off SWMBO again since she was the one who 86'd it before- but at a significantly reduced price there's a greater chance of her being OK with it since I'd have more room to fix it up (assuming I didn't try and use it as a Challenge car). If something far more appealing hasn't popped up I may see if I can give it a test drive Saturday.

StainlessWings
6/29/15 11:14 a.m.

After some talking with SWMBO this weekend, we're going to try and go by and look at the M3 after work today. If it runs and drives properly and I can get the price down into Challenge range we'll probably grab it. May not actually take it TO the Challenge, since it's far enough off and things like replacing the top and plastidipping it aren't likely going to fit into a Challenge budget, but we'll see.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AwIsJalE1erR4hEPYvhgH4z83JY9C9Gan2SgRwVaJtFytHMGnJMIcN457NzVpQOV