1 2
GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/10/19 2:39 p.m.

O K  I can Handle a Slower Beat But She Doesn't know the words for the National Anthem, And She Won The Voice?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
3/10/19 3:56 p.m.

Who is she? I don’t watch The Voice. Any videos?

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/10/19 7:56 p.m.

Sorry , So Under Whelmed I was Just Floored, I mean I learned that one Pretty Early On.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/10/19 11:10 p.m.

Whatever happened, the media seems to be giving her a pass. Can't find any mention of it outside of here.

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan UltraDork
3/10/19 11:43 p.m.

E36 M3 happens. Sometimes people forget which words need capitalized.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
3/11/19 5:51 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Any Links so We Can Understand what Exactly and Who Exactly You Are Referring To?

No Names, no Specific Race? Just “Her” And “NASCAR”?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/11/19 5:58 a.m.

did roseanne bar sign the national anthem again?  Did she blame it on pills?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/11/19 6:28 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Sometimes when we get a little older we get a bit crotchety. wink

Pretty sure Sirius has a “Best of Sinatra” station you may enjoy. cheeky

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/11/19 7:41 a.m.

I don't have much care for poems written by racist attorneys and I find being a prisoner of war a fitting role for them. 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/11/19 7:49 a.m.

I have no idea what's going on.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/11/19 7:54 a.m.
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan said:

E36 M3 happens. Sometimes people forget which words need capitalized.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/11/19 7:57 a.m.

José can you see... 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
3/11/19 8:02 a.m.

In Other News, did You See that Guy that said Something At That Thing somewhat Recently?

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/11/19 8:13 a.m.

O K Yea Paul,  I Like Billy Idol Love Songs too.  And Beach Boys

At phoenix Yesterday (Capital P) the Young Lady That sang the National Anthem, Missed a Verse Compleatly and used words out of Order, or compleatly incorrect.

I Don't Care If you can Sing But Maybe know the words to the Anthem AND Pledge of Aliegence. Not Caring About things like Really do Weaken A Country, Emotionaly Mentaly,And We are acting pretty Soft Right About Now,

It Is The Best Country.  Where Else Can Any Idiot  Just Decide To Run For Office And Win  and get Rich And Have So Much FUN!      

No Politics Here I Was Just Funnin About the Girl.   I care but  really don't, I Mean   I'll Dead And Gone And You Kids Can deal with The Mushroom Clouds, 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/11/19 8:22 a.m.
GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/11/19 8:23 a.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon - Jordan :

Funny Huh!   My Daughter Teach's High School English, 

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
3/11/19 8:26 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Dude, she's 16 years old singing the national anthem on a massive stage. Think she might've been just a little nervous? There are more important things to get worked up about.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/11/19 8:29 a.m.

What Is Funny Is Nobody Has It Recorded at home,  10 years ago multiple folks would have it.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
3/11/19 8:31 a.m.
GTXVette said:

In reply to Esoteric Nixon - Jordan :

Funny Huh!   My Daughter Teach's High School English, 

Now that’s ironic!

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/11/19 8:32 a.m.
STM317 said:

In reply to GTXVette :

Dude, she's 16 years old singing the national anthem on a massive stage. Think she might've been just a little nervous? There are more important things to get worked up about.

There You Go. I Didn't Know That

Peace 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/11/19 8:48 a.m.

I appreciate your dedication to morning drinking. 

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
3/11/19 8:57 a.m.

It was Phoenix.We are lucky it was done in English,no matter how poorly.

parker
parker Reader
3/11/19 9:17 a.m.

rAndOm worDS and nAssCar, voiCes in MY heaD

pirate
pirate HalfDork
3/11/19 11:58 a.m.
captdownshift said:

I don't have much care for poems written by racist attorneys and I find being a prisoner of war a fitting role for them. 

Somebody steal your morning coffee or pee in your Cerritos! LOL I did see the anthem and agree there were words missed or sang out of order. I’m pretty old and old school when it comes to The National Anthem. I think it should be sung straight forward without a lot of interpretation as some try to do. Some of the best renditions have been done by members of the armed services. I will say NASCAR is one of the last vestiges of patriotic America with the presenting of the colors, invocation and meaningful national anthem. Too many other sports and events treat it as an afterthought or necessary nuisance. I don’t think you will ever see a NASCAR driver or crew take a knee at a NASCAR event.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/11/19 3:26 p.m.

I didn't watch the singing of the National Anthem at that race so I don't know what went wrong but I heard an interesting interview with a big name singer (exactly who, I forget) who said that singing the anthem at a NASCAR race is one of the toughest gigs he's ever done.  For starters the National Anthem has a very wide range and it's easy to start too high if you're signing a cappella and run out of range at the end.  The other challenge is that out of sight, below the camera is someone telling you to speed up or slow down to time the ending with the flyover.  

1 2

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
RpgiXU9hfCA1xyTZ922ouMn416h30fc4CxzadNsyWJx5rZkZ3gTV6QCGpkbKZ1JL