1 ... 4 5 6 7
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/17/17 7:35 a.m.
austinallen wrote: Mr bluej in what sense you are saying canoe?

you resurrected a weeks old thread with your first post which contained poor grammar and a truncated link - probably one that leads to a fake ID & counterfeit money site. A link that no one here will touch with a 10 foot pole. See ya, canoe pilot...

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/17/17 7:58 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
austinallen wrote: Mr bluej in what sense you are saying canoe?
you resurrected a weeks old thread with your first post which contained poor grammar and a truncated link - probably one that leads to a fake ID & counterfeit money site. A link that no one here will touch with a 10 foot pole. See ya, canoe pilot...

I checked out the link on my phone- it goes to a site to buy clothing from the movie, so while not perhaps a phishing attempt does appear to be a blatant-plug-type canoe.

Two_Tools_In_a_Tent
Two_Tools_In_a_Tent New Reader
8/17/17 10:47 a.m.

What's a canoe?

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/17 10:51 a.m.
Two_Tools_In_a_Tent wrote: What's a canoe?

A small paddled boat for inland rivers and lakes, but that's not important now.

It's also how potential spam merchants and their payload messages are identified for investigation on this board.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/21/17 7:09 a.m.

Anyone want the car? It's on eBay

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
10/14/17 11:47 p.m.

Finally got a chance to watch this. I have to say I absolutely loved it!

I'm not a big movie guy but this is easily the best movie I've seen in at least ten years. I was completely emersed and that doesn't happen very often.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
10/15/17 8:20 a.m.

Converted to RWD.  That explains a lot. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/17 10:44 a.m.

Some were RWD, some were not. I think that was covered in the GRM interview if not this thread. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/15/17 12:05 p.m.

I just watched this a couple nights ago. I thought the driving was cool and those scenes that were discussed in the GRM J.G interview were extra gooder since I heard the dude who did the driver explain how they got the shots.]

Other than that, I wasn't a big fan of the movie overall other than as a collection of car chases. I was glad to have listened to J.G.'s interview though.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/13/17 9:12 a.m.

Finally got the chance to rent and watch this last night- definitely enjoyed it as did SWMBO, even moreso knowing that it had all been actually done with the cars and not just drawn up on the computer. Hope to get to watch the featurette with the interviews afterward, was too late last night when we finished to watch them then.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/17 10:13 a.m.

Missed this thread the first time around. That's cool that a fellow forum member did the driving. I enjoyed the film. The plot is a bit predictable, but the action scenes, driving and music choices tend to make the film overall.

I think a J-turn or bootlegger is just a reverse 180. throwing a drift out of it is a little extra. I have no reason to think I was the first to do it, but I had not seen it when I started playing around with it a few years ago. We used it in Drive but it just didn't seem to really be noticed. (i doubled Ryan driving the mustang up until just after the drift when me and my buddy switched spots and he repeated the drift and I crashed the Chrysler 300. That was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do with multiple buttons, a difficult approach, etc)

Ah, that is cool. I really enjoyed Drive.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/15/17 8:15 a.m.

So much win in Baby Driver...I cant seem to stop watching it over and over.

Am i weird for really enjoying the foot chase as much as the car chases?

And, can we discuss how much fun it was to see a purple Caprice hustling in anger?

STM317
STM317 Dork
11/15/17 8:52 a.m.

I was entertained, but not blown away. The chase scenes were fun. An incredible amount of work was put into coordinating the music and actions on screen. 

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
1/2/18 9:53 a.m.

Finally rented the DVD and watched it 3 times this past weekend.  If you check out the extras they mention Jeremy a few times, and you get to see him for a second or so giving a couple of the actors driving lessons.  On a different note, I feel like the laundry room scene will be shown in film classes for years to come.  

Oh, there is also a neat comment about Jeremy driving a car into a parking garage with the lead actor hiding behind another parked car so he can pop up and look like he was driving (while Jeremy hides).  Low tech at it's best.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/2/18 10:25 a.m.

DD#1 got me Baby Driver on blu-ray for the holidays.  I can't wait to watch it.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/12/18 6:35 p.m.

Finally got a chance to see the movie- it helped that Ansel was nominated....

And the rental had a nice little stunt driving short at the end, where we got to see Jeremy teach Ansel some of his moves.  

Very fun to watch- and cool to see the stunts you talked about in the interview on GRM.  Very cool and creative driving to watch.  We enjoyed it more than I expected.  (and I figured I'd like it)

skierd
skierd SuperDork
1/13/18 2:17 p.m.

Just watched it last night. Wife and I really enjoyed it!  Some of the best car chases I’ve seen in a long long time. 

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
1/30/18 6:32 p.m.

well that's just cool. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/18 7:35 p.m.

You know, with CAN control, we're getting to the point where that would be a plug-in installation.

Guess what I've been working on all week? laugh

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
1/30/18 10:03 p.m.

My wife and I really enjoyed this movie.  It's different, kinda weird, but very cool. The music is great, good acting, awesome chases.  Very cool flick.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/31/18 9:06 a.m.

Ok, sitting at the dealership waiting for work to get done on my truck, saw this pulled back up to the top, just watched Baby Driver a few weeks ago, enjoyed it, looked at IMDB, and first thing I noticed was Super Troopers 2!  I can't wait for this movie, it will be even more fun to watch the stunts & see your work now that I know to look for it.  I've always been a fan of stuntmen/women, ever since watching Hooper years ago, loved that Quentin Tarantino used Zoe Bell as herself in Death Proof, thought that was a nice nod to the profession.    

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/20 9:53 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Intentional zombie revival.  watched this again this weekend.  we have a snow-covered parking lot at work and I have a RWD manual truck so

So for class today, let's talk reverse 180's. :) Not much feel involved, unlike many of the other moves. The more speed the better. I prefer to look over my shoulder as I find it easier to control. I also move the seat closer to the wheel when I am looking backwards so I don't have to stretch as much to shift. When you're up to speed, you jump off the gas and crank the wheel. I like to do it at the same time or thereabouts. in a front wheel drive you can stay on the throttle a little bit longer. In a stick, you need to depress the clutch at this point. At 90, drop it into drive or grab a gear (I usually take 2nd as the synchros are usually better than first and easier to get into gear). as you are almost all the way around, steer back to straight and get on the gas. For style points, in a rwd, get on the gas at the right time and you can hang the back end out a bit. Easy peasy.

I'm not ready to set up a camera just yet, but if the solar load doesn't melt everything today i'm gonna get my hoon on after work.  :-)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/20/20 9:28 p.m.

I might have to try this in the work parking lot the next time it snows. You know, for science.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/21/20 8:47 a.m.

If it were not for Lily James, I would not have finished watching.....

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/21/20 10:19 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

And the result of said hooning was?

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4FcRRgVR4gxdywZLASFY9VLuThmCmz1uXzP2LuYyz4PmJVcwPeVYhXPM5BJQXuFn