Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/21 6:24 p.m.

Gramps and I are in discussions about his AMX, and it's clear that driving it back is a 0% chance. It runs and drives off and on a trailer like a regular car, but it has a 8.50 cert rollcage. Any leads as to how to get a shipping quote on this thing?

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
5/12/21 6:28 p.m.

Back in 2014 I used a place that took bids, whose name I can't remember; Michigan to Vegas was $1300 via enlcosed hauler. They set a price and then waited to see if anyone took it for X price.  I think we started at 1K. 

As you don't have a set deadline you could probably find someone with a light load whose willing to do it for a low price.

imgon
imgon HalfDork
5/12/21 6:36 p.m.

As long as it can it be driven civilly onto a trailer, then just decide enclosed or open trailer and do the U ship routine. My one experience with a drag car and a trailer was scary, he more or less jumped the car onto the trailer. If that is your car you may have to pay extra. If it needs to be low budget you can always see if a GRM shuttle can get it across country.Might be nerve wracking with something that nice though. Maybe someone has a trailer that isn't getting used much this summer? Hey what's Wally doing, it's been like two weeks since he's had an adventure?

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/12/21 7:12 p.m.

Karen at:
batsmotorsports@gmail.com
541-980-5885

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/21 3:09 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

I would think enclosed, but am unsure of the price difference (or the reality of if it matters in the summer).

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
5/13/21 3:14 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Keeping in mind I'm a survey of one; open or enclosed didn't seem to be much of a difference (I think it was all of $100).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TExu9ZnEw5weK0zadjuyLTMnaZ9exrhMyHcCIm2IwomuJJdPKgF9GE57zN1dTRlk