1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 46
JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe New Reader
5/15/19 3:51 p.m.

Bought my wife a Cricut for the holidays, in the process of making my own custom t-shirts.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/19 4:07 p.m.

In reply to JesseWolfe :

Tell me more...

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe New Reader
5/15/19 4:09 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

If you have an idea for a design, I'll take a swing at it for cost just to see how it goes.  

I'm not sure how to get PMs to work.

Javelin
5/15/19 4:36 p.m.

Same design, but a Mazda 787B, on an Orange shirt. 

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe New Reader
5/15/19 4:40 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Size?

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
5/15/19 5:01 p.m.

Getting a spring re-sanding.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/15/19 5:34 p.m.

rebuilt my wood lathe stand so i can get back to some therapeutic wood turning. 

Javelin
5/15/19 10:14 p.m.

In reply to JesseWolfe :

Oooh! That's the white and blue version. Do that one in white on a Large medium to light blue shirt, and also a female Medium. How much?

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
5/16/19 4:09 p.m.

Finally got around to building the bandsaw mount for my bench... mostly because I needed to use the bandsaw for something.  Stores underneath when not using it.  Next up is a mount for the tubing notcher...

300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
5/31/19 6:35 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Yes, spalted maple. My brother has also made an amp cab, and whole lot of other good stuff out of it.

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
6/1/19 9:15 a.m.

In reply to freetors :

Just finished the barn doors 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/1/19 9:59 a.m.
mke said:
DWNSHFT said:
rdcyclist said:

In reply to mke :

We must have video of this in action.

Super-slo-mo video.

We are planning to use it to skeet shoot  pumpkins this fall....I'll get video :)

Just reminding you that you promised video. smiley

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
6/2/19 9:07 p.m.

Decided to shore up my sidewalk & make a raised bed garden. 

The left side is 2 boards high, so not very. But there's enough slope that the lower box TOP edge is level with the sidewalk. So from that side of the raised bed, it's very easy to work. The lower box is for zucchini; but we also took the last 4' of the upper box for a squash mound. 

I left the posts tall enough that I can add another row of 2x8" lumber if that makes sense. 

And... yes, I do know the sidewalk needs attention. This at least kept it from sliding down the hill. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
6/2/19 10:07 p.m.

Finally finished the bench in my trailer.  When I bought it, I ordered overhead cabinets, but no bench because I wanted to do my own thing.  I did install a battery and winch before starting on the bench.

I started with 2x2 aluminum framing, designed to fit a shortened HF tool cart in the middle.

Today I added the bench tops and flashing.

'Finished' may overstate things, as I haven't decided whether to make a facia and cabinet doors for the under bench storage.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
6/4/19 7:25 p.m.

Not me, KazooJr. again.  Apparently, this week in class, he built a wing.  

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy Reader
6/4/19 7:34 p.m.

Fiberglass hood for my Alfa Romeo spider. 2.7 pound's so far. Might get it under  5 pounds with both sides and fittings.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy Reader
6/4/19 9:06 p.m.

Sanded all gloss of resin,so it's flat now, smooth 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/5/19 2:49 p.m.

My kids wanted a replica Scuffy the Tugboat. This one is about 1/4 the size of the toy in the book.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/5/19 2:55 p.m.

My wife debuted Dark Helmet v2 at Gencon this past weekend.  She did the sewing, I built the helmet and mask.  I need to do it a third time for Dragoncon though because this version's comfort level is best described as "hateful"

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/5/19 3:24 p.m.

If she can breathe in that thing, it's not an accurate copy. :)

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/5/19 5:28 p.m.

carts/ racks for Miller Dynasty 300 and 350 welders on the bottom and Lincoln 300 and 350 welders on the top. My assistant and I built the first one. We utilized quite a bit of the Miller cart and added the part to hold the Lincoln. My assistant and 3 students ,that had finished the requirements of the 13 week class in 10 weeks, built the next 14 racks in 6 or 7 days. 

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/5/19 5:30 p.m.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/5/19 5:40 p.m.

This is the crew. On the left is my assistant. In the middle is the smartest student that I have ever had, he interrupted me several times in lectures when i screwed up on a couple of chemical reactions. On the right is the best student that I have ever had. He was just out of the USMC and had never held a torch until this class. He took great notes, paid attention and never volunteered to be first to light torches or do something that I had just demonstrated. He watched everyone else screw up and did not repeat their errors. 

The guy in the middle is now the instructor for the program. He is a better teacher than me.

These 3 wonderful guys kept me going. My fiancee was in their class when she died. They helped me focus and when i could not they covered for me. I owe them more than they know.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/5/19 8:08 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Not me, KazooJr. again.  Apparently, this week in class, he built a wing.  

Need more info. Have I missed something?

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/5/19 8:19 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Yes, more information please. It appears to be very well done. Is he learning how to build the rest of the airplane? If so what type? 

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 46

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yX5jdf4IyZIqDpA8TpqTVnqEt39YSNjTZICbZbCukDqj6SQVFSv7GXlRhp1UwzKd