1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 46
Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/23/21 1:51 a.m.

i fly fish, from 13 years old.. 14 rods, and a nice desk to tie these really hard flys to tie  , these were tied to cheer up a sick freind

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/23/21 1:59 a.m.

just kidding.. these were just for fun for a freind   these i can tie

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/23/21 8:12 a.m.

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/23/21 1:28 p.m.

Years ago I watched my mechanic drop a 911 motor with a 2 post lift and a table and thought that a mobile bench would be pretty useful, and hey before I get rid of that 47U data center rack maybe pull it apart for those mongo casters. Fast forward to 2017 and a real garage plus a welder and voila. Fast forward again to 2019 and the Rolly Bench finds its special purpose.

glyn ellis
glyn ellis New Reader
9/24/21 9:19 a.m.

I made some jacking pucks for my C5 Corvette using elevator bolts. Not quite as exciting as most of the posts but really useful in my garage!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/26/21 11:38 a.m.

In reply to Wicked93gs :

I was like "that's an interesting hood scoop"

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
9/26/21 12:11 p.m.
glyn ellis said:

I made some jacking pucks for my C5 Corvette using elevator bolts. Not quite as exciting as most of the posts but really useful in my garage!

I think I'll copy your idea. Thanks.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/26/21 2:40 p.m.

This used to ba a full sized (well, full HO scale sized) caboose and 60 ft steel boxcar.  

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
10/6/21 3:57 p.m.

Just grabbed some black walnut slabs to make a few desks. More to come soon. 

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/6/21 5:06 p.m.

I needed to remove a pipe plug at 10:30 pm. Regular3/8 rachet didn't fit so welder and grinder made this.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/21 6:43 p.m.

I needed a place to hang a bunch of cords in the garage, so I used a Fuchs wheel and a knockoff hub from a Triumph TR-4.

Its a little hard to see the bases, but the knockoff hub is mounted to a mahogany base with brass screws, and the Fuchs base is mahogany and cedar. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/7/21 7:17 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/7/21 7:18 a.m.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/7/21 9:09 a.m.

I don't think I ever posted this yet, but I made this as a Christmas present for my wife. (It was bare metal at that time...)

Puzzle table coffe table. The top lifts off and there is a recessed area underneath so she can work on puzzles and then have it be protected when she's not working on it. 

I'm not super happy with the glue up for the main piece of wood on top, but after sanding and some finishing wax it's good enough till I decide to redo it someday. 

Still need to make a drawer for it, but otherwise it's pretty much done. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/7/21 9:29 a.m.
Wicked93gs said:

Nearing completion anyway, console for the '66 Mustang

That is the ugliest hood scoop I've ever seen laugh

Wicked93gs
Wicked93gs Reader
10/7/21 11:14 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

Yeah, I wanted the ram-air effect, going to route the exhaust up through the cupholders, figure it will go well with my altezza tail lights

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/30/21 3:07 p.m.

I had to alter the wagon.   The valve covers were so far forward that it didn't steer so I cut the box 8" from the front and tipped it 90 degrees.  It's now 5" shorter and looks more like a T.  I move the covers back, all is well.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/31/21 5:56 p.m.

Looks better this way!

NBraun
NBraun GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/31/21 8:06 p.m.

This was last years winter project. Found out I really enjoy woodworking, unfortunately not enough time to do it all.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/1/21 2:00 p.m.

Made this for work. Painted acrylic inlays with a cedar frame and posts. Pretty proud of this one. It is double sided. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
11/4/21 3:30 p.m.

I was not happy with the last wood, so found new slabs, cut them close to size today, starting epoxy in the morning. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
11/9/21 8:09 p.m.

Did the first epoxy pour on Friday, sanded it down and did the 2nd Today. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
11/9/21 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

What exactly are you doing with the epoxy?  Is it filling voids?

and why do you have to do multiple pours?

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
11/9/21 10:03 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Filling cracks and 2 knot holes. Since they're desks, I want the tops smooth. I'm using black so it'll blend in. Multiple pours because a few ended up a little below surface level, which is common on deeper stuff. If you look at the photo from last week you can see the deep knots on the short ones. I'll take a close up when they're done to show the difference. 

Also, 914Driver, beautiful table. the slab on the wall is extra and 52 inches long. I assume it'll be made into a similar table because it's the perfect size. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/10/21 11:02 a.m.

Finally made a rolling workbench/work table for the garage. I got a big plate of 1/4" steel from a friend a while back and I've been planning to build a work table and use it for the top for a while, just finally got around to it. 

Some plate to bolt on casters.

Casters on, and toolbox mounted. 

And a spot for the TIG welder. 

Started tacking the top on. Top was also very dirty, I cleaned it up with a flap wheel. Made quite the mess. 

And this is it's final state until I add something else to it. It'll almost definitely get a welding gas bottle mount, and the plasma cutter may find its home underneath there too. 

The vice, bench grinder, and disk sander all bolt on and off easily which comes in handy if you need the full table free....

I told my brother I'd help him do head gaskets on this subaru, so I deceided we'd drop the subframe and work off the table. It worked really well. The working height was a little tall, but still nicer than the ground...

1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 46

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
62ZXec1rMGwSMKm9uUKjOIZI550d34NJ8zcMCp0DEu6ijzRdxnMFnnocCgwDTqrM