Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
12/10/21 2:05 p.m.

In reply to freetors :

Dude, I've consumed over 50,000 12 Oz Dews since 93, that thing is awesome 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/14/21 12:46 a.m.

may I present the Xmas present from hell. It will be inside another box, inside another ziptied box, inside another box. 

The present is a knife. 

jerrysarcastic (dork in training)
jerrysarcastic (dork in training) Reader
12/14/21 11:15 p.m.

And you left the tails jagged and long too?!?  Savage!

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
12/15/21 1:30 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

For a friend's wedding I wrote a check as a gift, and put it in a box like that.  Then I built a wood box around the cardboard box, glued and screwed together.  Then I set the wooden box in an 18" Quikcrete cube.  We rolled it in on a hand truck.  He had to use a sledgehammer to open it.

He retaliated at my wedding by putting a check inside a 'cherry bomb' glasspack, and welding the ends shut.  Managed not to singe the check...

Good times! cheeky

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/21 1:41 a.m.

First contribution here because I tend to do build threads even for weird things, but this won't be a build thread for a long time. Some small subframe mods for a car I will build in the future. I cannot take credit for the parts fabrication, I only did fettling and welding :)

pkingham (Forum Supporter)
pkingham (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/15/21 8:02 a.m.

Changing a Formula Ford to Honda power, and the clutch slave cylinder needed to be spaced out.  This started out as a hunk of 4" square aluminum.  It took quite a bit of whittling to get it to this state.  Given the relatively small fasteners, I wanted to get the weight down as much as possible.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/15/21 11:38 a.m.

Small update on my latest project. My usual printer is backed up and can't have my zines finished in time for this weekend's Orlando Zine Fest, so I had some proofs made locally at Office Depot. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/15/21 3:19 p.m.

I made things that shouldn't exist. Propane tank turned air tank. 

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
12/18/21 12:49 p.m.

How it started:

How it's going:

Nylint Bronco R/C build:

I wanted a big strong worktable, and I needed something to hold the body of my Bronco while I worked on the frame, so I built this:

Blasted, powdercoated frame, shock hoops, extended radius arm mounts, built 351W, ZF 5 speed, twin stick Dana 20, high pinion full width Dana 44, full float full width Dana 60, etc:

Back together, for now:

STILL waiting on the 2021 Bronco I ordered a year ago, picked up a Hot Wheels and made a few changes to look more like my future ride. Removed the top, repainted Carbonized gray, added the Sasquatch package (lift and wheels/tires), fabricated the interior roll bar out of coat hanger wire.

My  classic Bronco is a '71. The new one I ordered is (well, supposed to be) a '21 - 50 years apart. Hopefully it shows up someday....

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/21 3:41 p.m.

In reply to earlybroncoguy1 :

Dang to all of it!!

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/21 3:45 p.m.

I made this. I had the body cast and paid for the mold, did all the finish work, painted it, made and printed the decals myself, and did all the assembly. It's an HO scale (1/64 in this case) 1969 Dodge Super Bee A12 slot car in resin on an AFX Mega-G Plus 1.7 chassis. 

Doing something from start to finish like that was a learning experience. 

Now to finish the other 20...

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
12/19/21 6:14 p.m.

K&N setup for the sprite was going to be over $200,  K&N for a motorcycle, some aluminum, and some hardware, about $75 tops. 

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
12/20/21 9:31 a.m.

Bought it for $400

Oh yeah kids

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
12/20/21 10:49 a.m.

In reply to jr10cross :

That Porsche is cool, but the other two things are much better. Congrats man

newrider3
newrider3 HalfDork
12/25/21 1:32 p.m.

Needed a better stand to support our homegrown free-range organic hand-murdered Xmas tree. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/25/21 2:03 p.m.

built everything in this picture. I have an AWESOME driveway. Three more neat E36 M3boxes not pictured. 

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/25/21 2:28 p.m.

Christmas edition! We needed a new star for our Christmas tree last year. I decided to put the 3d printer to work, and added some lighting.

This year first after poorly fixing some broken tips, then last year:

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
12/25/21 2:41 p.m.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/27/21 2:37 p.m.

I didn't build this but my friend Brad (based in Pittsburg) made it for my wife for her birthday. It shoots like a dream. I don't think she will ever use her compound bow again. 

NY Nick
12/27/21 2:37 p.m.

NY Nick
12/27/21 2:38 p.m.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
12/27/21 6:10 p.m.

Both my kids seem to have an appetite for good periodicals...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/27/21 6:40 p.m.

In reply to newrider3 :

How does it drink water?

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
12/27/21 8:19 p.m.

Home made coffee table for my son for Christmas. He’s been slowly getting set up in his apartment and  this seemed like a good gift project.  

I had some rough sawn pine that’s been stacked in my shop for a while, my daughter helped me mill everything up which made for a good day in the shop.  I used a biscuit joiner to keep everything lined up to glue up the top and then sanded a bit.  The legs are 3/4 pipe fittings painted flat black.  I’m happy with it and more importantly he thought it was great.   It was nice to get back in the shop, it’s been a bit since I’ve  made something furniture wise.

newrider3
newrider3 HalfDork
12/28/21 1:06 a.m.
914Driver said:

In reply to newrider3 :

How does it drink water?

The tube holding the tree is capped at the bottom, holds about half a gallon of water.

1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 46

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q8NEskOge0mD842noVObGENvEjUPjDGovZvQumC12ghGTon3wtHYWkP5h3QtiNZ4