1 ... 45 46 47
VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/22/24 11:31 p.m.
carbidetooth said:

did not make amplifier or railing

Really nice. Care to tell us more about the speaker? Mono? Center Channel? Final location? What's the story behind the railing?

j_tso
j_tso Dork
6/1/24 2:44 p.m.

Planning on 3D printing an air box for twin Weber DCOEs. It's going to be held on with extension springs and a 3mm o-ring groove around the base.

Shapeways can print it out of PA12 nylon for a little under $300, but it'll probably be a year before I do that because I'm putting money into the engine it's going on. 

So I just had the base plate made for now to satisfy my impatience.

Since the other carb is currently on the car, first I 3D printed a dummy carb for measuring and checking the base plate in paper before it was made by SendCutSend.

Sure, it should be as simple as measuring distance between the mounting holes on the manifold but checking it physically is my way of measuring twice.

Actual test fit with the other carb.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/16/24 2:58 p.m.

turned this engagement ring box out of brass on my mini lathe. then did the lining myself from fabric from Joanne. Didn't make the ring though

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/16/24 7:00 p.m.

Unapproved, owner fabricated, LED panel replacement for incandescent bulb in airplane's dome light

Aluminum bit would have looked better if I had access to a shear and a brake, but still, less than $20 for 2 panels and the rest was bits I had laying around. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/16/24 7:12 p.m.

It IS father's day after all.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/17/24 7:58 a.m.

Mrs. 914 knits a bunch of 6" squares, stores them in a bag and eventually links them together into a blanket.  She asked for a means to have them lay flat as usually after making a blanket the corners of each square are turned up and bumpy.  This rack fixes that.

Chunk of plywood, two 36" dowels, each cut to 9" lengths.

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/17/24 11:14 a.m.

Wanted some comfortable chairs for the porch at the new house.  Found these on YouTube, the guy offers plans and templates which was nice, with all of the band sawed curves. 

Made this first pair out of $70 worth of construction grade yellow pine, finished with Penofin oil.  I might use nicer wood if I build another set; a pair may be enough though.

1 ... 45 46 47

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FMp5wbjcEN970VfuClFESch4sDnddsv1fiWvHaqQ9CpRVjjjXHu0Pl3JAk0SUSTd